Joining in on the FJ40 fun (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spin Doctor

SILVER Star
Threads
Just wanted to say hello to this group...I'm inheriting an '82 FJ40 from my parents (pic below). :) We had one when I was a boy and I have fond memories riding in it with my dad. We had a bunch of cars -- 911s, corvettes, VWs, Jeeps....but that FJ40 we had was always my favorite. My dad sold it (much to my mom's displeasure) and a few years ago he got her a single-owner '82 that is pretty much stock everything. He had a local shop that restores FJs give it a once over, so it runs well and is in good shape. My dad passed away last year and my mom is having trouble getting into it now, so it's coming to me.

In college I had a 1996 wrangler and then sold it to get a 2003 Z71 Tahoe when we started having kids. It lasted me 280k+ miles before the trans started to slip and we went the adulting route and got a 2010 Honda mini van -- it's a black, bulbous thing that I named the black widow because it ate my Tahoe. It was a good decision, can haul quite a bit and has the DVD player for the kids...but now I get my toy.

I'm looking forward to learning from this group and talking through any issues an/or changes I might want to make with my new FJ. If any of you are in the North Atlanta area let me know! Looking to get together with some other owners.

1594218735821.png

My youngest is looking forward to having it in our garage too. Can't wait to show him how to work on it...

1594218783126.png

Welcome! looks like an awesome rig in great shape.

You may want to look into some of the GA and upstate SC Clubhouse groups. I am posting some links below for easy access.

The Land Cruiser group is an awesome community. Ih8mud is also an excellent resource for any of your needs.

Very cool! Sounds like a very similar history of offroad vehicle like me. I have lot of pictures of my kids "driving" the land cruiser.

Welcome to mud! Great rig to start back into it.

Here's a picture of me, and my mom giving me a bowl haircut at Ouray, CO circa 1979/80ish with our FJ40....Ahhh memories...:rofl:

img_7457-jpg.2302835

pretty sure my clothes were homemade as well...:lol:

Thanks for the links Krondor! Will check them out.
FJBen - I grew up in Parker, CO around that same time...I miss that mountain air, but at least I have the pine trees here in Georgia...

Good looking 40

Great looking 40 you have there sir! Welcome to the madness. We are all picture freaks so post up as many as you like.

Well... God smiled on you if you ended up in Georgia! Glad to have you.... AND you have an ‘82 - outstanding year! 🤣

Welcome.... :cheers:

Nice to connect with some GA FJers! Let me know if there is ever a get together. I reached out to the Red Hills Chapter - but they are way down near the GaFlaAla line. I should have my FJ here in a month or so. Once it gets here I plan to take it out to ACC garage for a look over. LMK if there are other shops in the area to consider as well.

@overton - pretty sure my 7yr old boy and 9yr old daughter will be fighting over it 🤣

on your pic...I’m thinking about getting a winch and roof rack just like that!

You are a lucky guy to have had a dad with great taste in vehicles! Your kids will love going for rides and making new memories.

@overton - pretty sure my 7yr old boy and 9yr old daughter will be fighting over it 🤣

on your pic...I’m thinking about getting a winch and roof rack just like that!
Warn 8274 and vintage Con-Ferr rack. But this day and age a couple heavy duty bars with a Tepui rooftop tent would be cool too.
C75974D5-648E-401B-904C-584B46EFC38F.jpeg

Welcome!!!

Great looking rigg to make some memories of your own with the kids! My girls are 5 and 2 and cant get enough of landcruiser rides!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom