Joined the FJ60 ranks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Aspen, Colorado -- where the beer flows like wine.
So here she is, my 85 FJ60. Kind of a barn find, the previous owner wanted rid of this non-running beauty because of cranky neighbors. I got it running after about 15 minutes of fiddling and drove her home. The smog pump had seized, taking out the belt, which was apparently why it ended up parked. I dropped a replacement smog pump in and have been smoothing things out since.

After ponying up for the replacement pump, I realized that I just needed to desmog and be done with it (so anybody want a rebuilt smog pump with 100 or so miles on it?). It's actually running great, getting about 15 mpg, though I can't get it to idle without choke assistance. I've thus far been unable to get power to the fuel cut relay. That's super annoying. I've done the grounding jumper (no dice), checked the emissions computer (board "looks" OK), and fiddled around a bit, but can't get a click without jumping to the battery. I'm kinda stumped.

As you can see the rear quarter needs some patch panels welded in, as well as the same thing on the driver's fender, but all in all, it's reasonably presentable.

So far I've mostly worked on getting it running well, though I have tossed on the soft-8s that I scored at a parts yard, some used 266/75-16s, and a pair of Honda seats (wow, huge difference).

Now I'm not new to the FJ world, my prior experience is a 92 FJ80, now my son's car.

Long term plans are likely 33-35s, RUF/chevy SUA lift, and dropping in the 4.10 thirds I just acquired. I see it more of an overland rig than dedicated rock crawler (been there, done that, broke stuff).

I just shot this pic yesterday so I'd have something to say "hi" with.

IMG_3311.JPG

Congrats and welcome to the 60's side.

Love the two-tone. Welcome to 60 country.
How did you find it? Ebay, local craigslist?

Huh. Didn’t know that existed. It’s on Facebook?

Huh. Didn’t know that existed. It’s on Facebook?
Yes, normally a members-only type "place." For example, I live in a small region called the Roaring Fork Valley. If I wanted to join, I could search for Roaring Fork Swap (its name) and then click a button that says something like "request membership" or something. Hope that helps.

"I don't know LLoyd....the French are assholes." :rofl:
Do you know why all the streets in France are lined with trees?

So they can fight in the shade.

How many Frenchman does it take to defend France? No one knows as it’s never been done.

I have had the oportunity to work along side members of the French Foeign Legion. Now there you have some formidable French operators.

Cheers

Last edited:
“Where did you get that.”
“I sold some stuff.”
“What did you sell Lloyd.”
“Sack of marbles, few baseball cards... uhum Peatty”
“You sold my dead bird to a blind kid!”
“Yea!!”
“But Lloyd... Peatty didn’t even have a head.”
“Harry... I took care of it.”:rofl:

what do you mean....... you’ve had an extra pair of gloves this whole time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom