John Deere lighting and Supplemental Low-beam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is it completely neccessary to upgrade the wiring to use the HIR John Deere bulbs? I did read the FAQ's and some from Daniel Sterns website. I'm sure the upgrade wouldn't hurt but I didn't want to deal with that right now.

I'm looking for a good supplemental auxiliary low-beam light. I don't want something that's going to blind everybody at night and get high beams flashed at me everytime I pass someone. Suggestions?

Well just upgrading the headlight harness is probably enough if you want something modestly brighter. I just got the HIRs in the mail today so I will do a photo set up showing standard bulbs vs JD HIRs USING Slee's upgrade harness.

JDs require no upgrade as they have the same current draw as the OEM lights. To get the best performance out of them (or any light), you can use something like the Slee harness, this just gives you more voltage (less voltage drop), to the lights.

2450 Eastman Ave.
Oxnard, CA 93030
Phone : (805)-981-2866
Fax : (805)-981-2876

I just called and they shipped to me the same day. They don't have in stock but they just have the warehouse send direct to me. Quick and painless.

Happen to have a part number and price?

I hate the low beams in the cruiser. It's just this short of being blind.

I bought the Silverstars about 3 months ago before I realized there were better options. I paid $40-$50 and was disappointed with them. They seemed to be no brighter and actaully worse than the lights that were in there. I thought it was my imagination and that these had to be better. I don't like headlights with a real bright white light. I prefer a more bright yellow(like standard headlights) as it seems I can see better. I have trouble seeing at night anyways with my astigmatism and lasik surgery combining to make it worse.

What color are the John Deere's, standard or white?

I bought the Silverstars about 3 months ago before I realized there were better options. I paid $40-$50 and was disappointed with them. They seemed to be no brighter and actaully worse than the lights that were in there. I thought it was my imagination and that these had to be better. I don't like headlights with a real bright white light. I prefer a more bright yellow(like standard headlights) as it seems I can see better. I have trouble seeing at night anyways with my astigmatism and lasik surgery combining to make it worse.

What color are the John Deere's, standard or white?

Yeah the siverstars are just a standard wattage, tinted bulb with no more (actually less, because of the tint) light than stock. The JDs or HIRs have a normal color output, and though they are the same wattage, they work differently than a standard bulb, and actually put out way more lumens than a standard bulb.

NLX - what brand name is on the bulbs you just received?

The HIR bulbs work fine with stock wiring, and they're definitely NOT the crap super white frequencies - totally normal frequencies with higher output. Highly recommended.

DougM

I have the HIR's for both low and high beams and it's a big upgrade. You can actually see, I also installed the Slee harness and saw an noticeable increase in brightness. It's not much but you do get a nice incremental lift over stock wiring.

Have any of guys with these HIR's had any trouble with on coming traffic flashing you to turn off your brights while you have your low beams on? This happens sometimes even with the regular halogens but I mean is there an increase in the regularity of this happening with the HIR's?

Nope. No issues with that. Maybe my headlights are aimed correctly, tho, too.

Check your headlight aiming once you lift your truck.

Have any of guys with these HIR's had any trouble with on coming traffic flashing you to turn off your brights while you have your low beams on? This happens sometimes even with the regular halogens but I mean is there an increase in the regularity of this happening with the HIR's?

No problems. I did re-aim to stock, after my suspension lift.

I run the HIR 9012's with the stock wiring and they are noticeably brighter. They are not offensive to other drivers as long as they are aimed correctly....at least I haven't been high beamed yet.

Highly recommend the HIR's.

Purchased from this gentlemen: HIR Headlights 9011 9012 bulbs

I run the HIR 9012's with the stock wiring and they are noticeably brighter. They are not offensive to other drivers as long as they are aimed correctly....at least I haven't been high beamed yet.

Highly recommend the HIR's.

Purchased from this gentlemen: HIR Headlights 9011 9012 bulbs

Ordered mine last night from this same guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom