John deere filters and oil (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey ya'll, I just gave the John deere filter and synthetic oil a try, this is in my 92 fj80 with a mid mileage cummins. After a few thousand kilometers I checked the oil, this is got to be the cleanest ive seen in a diesel midway through the oils useage. Even compared to a 100,000km 3B with Amsoil dual remote and synthetic oil. I dont know if the filters and oil are doing there Job and getting all the contaminants out, but I thought I would make mention of it. ;p

Or the oil isn't suspending the soot particles as it is supposed to.
Can you tell who the actual manufacturer of the oil and filters is?

The oil may be good quality as they claim,but what annoys me with companies like John Deere,is that they talk as if it is the only quality oil out there.
They dont have their own oil wells or refineries,so they must buy it off one of the big oil companies,which means there must be an equivalent under another name.
On their site they give a long list of tests and standards their oil meets but dont bother to name who or where the testing was done
It maybe an honest appraisal but its nice to know it was done in an independant testing laboratory and not John Deere workers looking at used oil in a bottle against the sun.

John Deere Construction & Forestry : Parts : Oils

Yup could be crap, your saying about JD workers holding it up in the sun mabe me laugh pretty good.
but it looks better than anything ive run in the other 2 diesels. My ford (6.9) seems to be a bit more fussy. And the bj60 (amsoil- dual remote filters) started up today after not being run for a few weeks, fired up like it was already warm, in +5 weather. I think I will keep running the JD stuff in the 80 and see how it goes though.

It probably is good as manufacturers like to enhance their products reliabilty. I just dont like the way they market

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom