John D Hale Band- East Coast tour (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well we have waited for them to come east, the problem is they will be here while we are at GSMTR. They play in Alexandria on thursday june 10th at the Iota Restaurant and Bar 2832 Wilson Rd 22201.

Anyone want to go to GSMTR late??? OH well! Matt Stell and the Crashers will be playing at GSMTR.

Rob

Last edited:
Did you mean June 9th? I didn't see them listed on Iota's webpage. where did you hear they were coming into town? I am not going to GSMTR cause of work, but might be free for a concert. Post up any info you have please.

From the John D. Hale Band's website:

Monday, June 7, 2010
w/ Jason Boland and the Stragglers @ Berkeley Cafe
217 W Martin St, Raleigh, NC 27601

Tuesday, June 8, 2010
w/ Jason Boland and the Stragglers @ Triumph Brewery
400 Union Square Drive, New Hope, PA 18938

Thursday, June 10, 2010
w/ Jason Boland and the Stragglers @ IOTA Club And Cafe
2832 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, VA 22201

Friday, June 11, 2010
w/ Jason Boland and the Stragglers @ Neighborhood Theatre
511 E 36th St, Charlotte, NC 28205 (United States)
(704) 358-9298

Saturday, June 12, 2010
w/ Jason Boland and the Stragglers @ Exit/In
2208 Elliston Place, Nashville, TN 37203

I went back to the web site, they are playing wed now as well but up in MA. I mapped out some time and distance figures. All locations start in Ashland, VA.

to Alenandria 91 miles, 97 min

to Raleigh, NC 173 miles 2 hrs 57 min

to Golden Mt aka GSMTR 544 miles 8 hrs 47 min

to Golden MT from Alexandria 594 miles 9 hrs 41 min... how much Red Bull would it take???

If we went up thurs night, we could shave some time by taking the rigs up and then heading out RT66 from Alexandria to I81 and then south to GSMTR. I figure the show from 7-11, then drive straight and get there about 9-10 am Just in time for the rest of the guys to be getting up, repairing broken rigs and go wheeling... Sleep is overrated anyways, you can do that when you die right?

Dwight, Tim??? any thoughts?

Last edited:
How's this for thoughts...

"So I drove on all the day long, and I drove on through the night." :steer:

So, what I'm hearing from you guys is this a, "band powerful enough to turn goat piss into gasoline."

Rob to T1: "It's 91 miles to Alexandria. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it."

bluesbros.jpg

Band confirmed to play thursday night. Leaving Ashland at 4pm, 4runner is already packed and ready to load on the trailer, Plenty of Red Bull for Rob and Tim, Starbucks for the wife, it will be a long haul but to see two good bands, wheels some new trails, hang out with friends....PRICELESS!

Everyone have a safe trip out, we will get there when we get there, might be too jacked up to sleep so the wheeling should be good.

Oh, you're going to see the JDH Band Thursday?

Wow, this is like the first time you've mentioned it. :rolleyes:

Have a safe trip...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom