Joe Rogan's 80 - Thread closed no more threads on this topic please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I'd like to rag on the build it's pretty badass. Wish there was a full throttle 0-100mph run in the video to make it more interesting.

Sucks J Ward gave that waste of space Rogan the time of day. I guess money does indeed over ride everything.
I for one am glad we get to hear a no BS no commercial interruption detailed LC discussion! Gives me ideas for my rig even tho I can’t spend 200k+!

a V8 swap?? can you even imagine how bad the milage is going to be in that sucker?

a V8 swap?? can you even imagine how bad the milage is going to be in that sucker?
I wish Joe posted on the forum so we could ask him about the v8 swap and how he likes it. As far as I know, it's the first of it's kind

I wish Joe posted on the forum so we could ask him about the v8 swap and how he likes it. As far as I know, it's the first of it's kind
You'd think a fellow Hollywood cruiser enthusiast like yourself would have his personal contact info!

1567602535871.png

Ugh I look so old

Fuuny, I noticed you couldn’t be bothered to tie your shoe.

And I like how you’re making the “taillight guard” a comeback piece. ;)

I just watched the video again. Does anyone else notice that there's a non JIS fastener in that shot with all the supposedly OEM hardware???!?!! What a scammer!

I for one am glad we get to hear a no BS no commercial interruption detailed LC discussion! Gives me ideas for my rig even tho I can’t spend 200k+!
I’m guessing that one was considerably more than $200k...

Last edited:
I was put off by his podcast logo, but the Jonathan Ward interview dragged me in. Let's just say the logo is misleading. Which he's aware of. :)

I was put off by his podcast logo, but the Jonathan Ward interview dragged me in. Let's just say the logo is misleading. Which he's aware of. :)

Same here. The logo creeped me out and kept me away for a while.

My $.02.

Joe's got an incredible array of guests from all walks of life. I subscribe to his fitness everyday, embrace the grind, squash the inner btch that tells you you're too tired to workout lifestyle. I'd love to hunt Elk and eat it as my primary source of protein. Love MMA as well. His 4.X modified 997 GT3 RS is the one to keep. If I had a house with a garage, I'd also own a Tesla P100D to complement the 80. He himself is an awesome example of grit paying off. Respect.

On flipside, he's really weird/sensitive about aging probably because he's aging horribly esp as a Hollywood guy. I personally don't find any of his comedy to be anywhere near the vicinity of being funny and it's clear his ticket sales without his podcasts would be nothing. The fact that he thinks Brendan Schaub is a talented comic is really what's laughable. What is Showtime thinking?

If Jonathan Ward actually had an ounce of aesthetic taste and self-reflection that he's no design maven, he'd replace the eBay headlight specials with OEM and add wide 37s with some poke as clearly the Corvette powertrain can more than the unsprung weight. And no, Mr. Ward, CNC machined aluminum everything isn't better than plain 'ol good plastic in most automotive applications.

I'm really glad Mr. Rogan has an 80. Rising tide raises all boats.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom