Job Offer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just graduated from Coastal Carolina University and got a job offer to teach and coach at R.B. Stall in N. Charleston. I know the area has a certain stigma to it, but it is also a great opportunity. My wife and I are doing some research before I take the job. She has a successful photography business in MB, but she also does several weddings a year in Charleston. We are playing around with the idea of renting something downtown with retail/ residential space. Most everything I found is between $2-3,000 a month. I wanted to put the feelers out, see if anyone knows anyone with something like that. We would like to have a couple bedrooms with an area for her to meet with clients and set up her backdrops and lights. Any advice or leads would be greatly appreciated. If everything works out I can probably talk her in to doing a LowCountry Cruisers shoot, might have to charge a little (still saving for one of my own). Thanks
-Caleb

if you are set on downtown....it may be hard. Dont discount something in the MtP, James Island or West Ashley area that is 15 minutes from downtown...

We can even help you with your Land Cruiser addiction by getting you a low priced FJ40 or FJ60/62 or even an FJ80........then you can play with the club with no wait. LOL

Will keep eyes open on the other space....my brothers wife just shut down her small business 10 minutes from downtown in a nice little area near Genes Haufbrau...on a side street...it is very trendy little area. I can see if it is still available for lease if you like and ask him if he knows of anything. His main business is on James Island.

not opposed to mt.p, the main thing is a live/ work space. we own a house in mb that we will try to rent, but will still have to pay a little to cover the mortgage. we could keep our studio in mb but that would make for more commuting. we are coming down this weekend and have 2 places to look ar, one is 1714 ashley river rd at wappoo rd. it is zoned commercial but i think we could live there, 2 rooms up and 4 down. fenced yard for the dogs and parking. the other is gunn ave at st. andrews blvd. that one is an offive space with garage and 2 br apt. anyone know tha areas? thanks for your help. the better we do in charleston the sooner i get a cruiser. the wife promised that if i got her a ring, she would get me a 60, its almost been a year and no lc yet. she's a woman of her word so im not too worried

yeah know both areas....they are both in West Ashley. First is a high traffic area....since Hwy61 (ashley river rd) is one of the main roads here...wappoo is a cut through from 61 to hwy17 (Savannah Hwy). Good friends of ours have a place there they used for their CPA Firm....I think it is for rent...very nice cottage style brick place but further down across from old High School....if yours is on corner then it is on other end.

other is off the beaten path a little more with less through traffic and think it is by the shopping center they are renovating not far from Coburg Dairy cow.... not through traffic like the first but not as familiar with the road...though I think I have seen it. Maybe I will do drive by today on them. LOL

I live just a few miles from the first one...maybe 5 minutes.

There are some really nice town homes off coleman blvd in mt p that were built specifically for what you're looking to do. They're very pricey to buy, but maybe someone is renting one.

SIX-FIFTY-SIX COLEMAN Live-work community Mt. Pleasant SC

I drove back there last year when they were about 75% complete and they are very very nice. Garage is def tall enough for a lifted cruiser, which should be tops on your checklist.

Good luck!

I can understand the oppurtunity for business with the downtown location, but price, parking, and the drive to Stall every morning is going to be a bitch. I would try to find something on 17 west of the Ashley to get better parking and a little closer to N Charleston. If you do settle on D'town, atleast you will be going the opposite way of all the other traffic in the morning like me, but it is still a long commute.

You could rent a nice apartment and a small storefront anywhere else in charleston for less than what a D'town setup would cost. However, a lot of people are hurting right now, and there may be a deal out there. So I admire your search.

Jeremy

There are some really nice town homes off coleman blvd in mt p that were built specifically for what you're looking to do. They're very pricey to buy, but maybe someone is renting one.

SIX-FIFTY-SIX COLEMAN Live-work community Mt. Pleasant SC

I drove back there last year when they were about 75% complete and they are very very nice. Garage is def tall enough for a lifted cruiser, which should be tops on your checklist.

Good luck!

I know the architect on that project really well if you want anymore info about the project. Not sure if any are being offered for rent, so you may want to ask through the website first.

Jeremy

i think we found a place. we were in charleston all weekend, saw lots of fj cruisers and one awesome red 60 w/ surf racks. the place we found was 53 cannon. it is an up and coming area with at least 3 other wedding vendors. the house is awesome and has the space we need. they are asking $2000/ month. we already have friends and family that are willing to pay a monthly premium to secure an extra room when they visit :) i wasnt sure about the price but the location is what we need. we do high end weddings and need a high end studio. i think i might could get a discount every once in a while by doing some yard work, it needs it. we like the idea of only having one location, instead of 2 leases, elec bills, water bills blah blah blah.
google maps said the commute to stall was 14 minures, is that off?

if anyone knows anyonw who needs a house in mb (carolina forest) we have a 3/2 for sale for $195,000 willing to negotiate to have it gone. spread the word.

cant wait to be in charleston

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom