Builds JJY93's 1988 Bj74 Build. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ok so i did a bit of work today on the diff got it all back together which is a nice an messy job didnt get too many pics mainly cause my hands were covered in grease the whole time

8f05716a.jpg

6fbcec88.jpg

after i got it all together i decided to check whether the hubs locked properly and unfortunately one side wasnt working so i pulled it out an had a look and the spring had broken i had a look when i had it all out and it looked perfecly fine so i dont know what happend but ive ordered a new one and also ordered EFS extended shackles and a brake caliper repair kit. i was going to just fork out some money for new calipers but thought i might aswell give a repair kit a go since its alot cheaper and spend my money on extended shackles and other small things

should hopefully get the diff back in tomorrow with the new springs and i might try and get some flex shots

ok so today i preped the chassis and everything for the diff to go back in i wire wheeled the chassis and sprayed new body deadener on the inner guard

It went from this

d6cbd8c5.jpg

276e0990.jpg

To this

74d12d2a.jpg

ae2c4b15.jpg

then i put the diff back in with the new leaves

0b29a4c2.jpg

6048c050.jpg

also installed my new steering dampener

858867af.jpg

and i changed the oil in the pto which it looked like it had never been done since it left the factory
this is what was left black chunky bits of oil and water

bf689c68.jpg

then i got some flex shots

d338c63c.jpg

5f6c9e56.jpg

46b79ca1.jpg

84365414.jpg

hopefully next weekend i should have the brakes and everything in and start on the front bar and sliders

nice built,like the colour.

Did I see coils on the rear? Nice middy mate!

Did I see coils on the rear? Nice middy mate!

Thanks an there's no coils it had a Dodgey home made coil load assist but it's leaf all round

Got some goodies yesterday

fb0634ff.jpg

Should be receiving more gear today I've bought a fair bit of stuff for the cruiser over the last couple of nights
I'm itchin to drive it I've got exactly a month till I get my licence back and can't wait to go wheeling in it :D

The ranchos were really cheap which is why I bought them an it's just for a while till I work out where I'm going to go with building the cruiser

Bought a snorkel a few nights ago and received it today

deba0292.jpg

Also got new ubolts for the diff because the original ones were too short so this weekend I have a few things to do hopefully should start making the front bar by monday

hopefully should start making the front bar by monday

Now THAT'S what I've been waiting for. Picking up my BJ74 in two weeks and need the same solution.

Thanks man. Or build two. I'm cool either way.

;)

Hahaha nah im not making two dont have enough steel

And the snorkels umm homebrand. nah it's just a noname brand made in Brisbane for $150 delivered

Also this morning picked up a set of allied alloy wheels
cb8173ed.jpg

And got some new EFS ubolts
e32780ad.jpg

bc7ebeac.jpg

Finally got the cruiser out of the shed and had a bit of a play in the mud and got it bogged a couple of times
Some pics
IMAG0026.jpg

IMAG0029.jpg

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

And one of when I got it bogged
IMAG0038.jpg

And then I cleaned it and put it on a truck to my work and started playing with this...

IMAG0039.jpg

Ok so yesterday and today were spent on making a front bar to suit the PTO winch first off we started out with a simple tube bar that looked alright but as we mounted it we started to see how hard it was to get it straight, center and mounted securely
This is the first attempt which failed
IMAG0060-1.jpg

Then we went back to the drawing board and had a go at a plate bar
Pretty basic mounting just bolts onto the chassis with two bolts either side and bolts onto the front of the winch we made the bar so that it would give us as much approach angle we can get without removing the winch
IMAG0061.jpg

IMAG0076.jpg

FB_IMG_1336372731771938.jpg

IMAG0078.jpg

That's all we got done we still have the sideS to work out what to do with them yet and then make rock sliders which may not be till next weekend

Rancho's :( why not go rebuildable shocks they save money - e.g. FOX, AMADA EXTREME, PROFIRMA etc.

The problem is you are not using enough,you need at least 20-25 to get the benefits of Ranchos

scary166.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom