Jimny Manual (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sangre de Christo Mtns of North Central NM.
A neighbor of mine showed up at my place with a 1969 Jimny, the 2 cylinder, 2 stroke (349 cc + or -), still equiped with the GI style bi directional OEM tires. The last time I saw one of these it was filled with Japanese scientists retreating from some large reptilian monster terrorizing the countryside in Japan. Anyway, I am looking for a service and operating manual for this thing. The tech problem currently is the two stroke oil injector for the carb. It is running to rich and fouling plugs. We tried premixing the fuel before filling the tank but it does not like that. Top speed on this thing is reported to be 43 MPH, assuming no head or cross winds. It has surprising head room inside its corregated steel body.

Any leads on a manual will be appreciated. I did try search engines but no leads.

Suzuki bought out Hopestar Motor Co. in 1968, the previous manufacturer. Per Wikipedia, Hopestar was successful in selling something like 15 of these 4 X 4s before Suzuki took "control". So, this is not a widely distributed unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom