Jim Beedon's Excellent Step Sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.autohomeus.com
I finally got around to getting the step sliders that Jim Beedon, (2badfjs) built, painted and mounted. They went on pretty easy, once I moved the PS fuel and brake lines away from the frame. Buggers are HEAVY - had to use a floor jack and jack stands, since I was working alone. On the DS I needed to remove the upper Cat and muffler heat shields to get a clean shot at the frame for the U bolts. Took a couple hours (for me) to get every T'd up, mounted and buttoned up. Jim was very helpful, and did not call me an idiot when I called with questions. All the hardware and instructions was included with the slider. Very professional.

I give these sliders two thumbs up.

The picture below shows them as they are now - painted with a 2" non-skid strip glued on the top outside surface. When I repaint the cruiser, I will pull the snake blinders off, and Line-X the lower quarters. At the same time, I'll powder coat the sliders to match the Line-X (probably do them in grey).

Anyway, thanks, Jim for the extra mile effort, and here is a pic...

290245.JPG

why would i call a MOD an idiot

thats a good way to get :ban: right?
thanx mike
jim

Prolly.

M

Mike, can you give me a full side shot of your cruiser. Mine is Freeborn red as well, I plan on lifting it, keeping the stock rims, and putting MTR's on.....and was going to try to get some sliders too, at some point in the future. It was all in the works, but since you have it first...I guess I am going to copy you.

Andy

Look nice. I am supposed to get mine in a week or two! Can't wait.

One more...

290317.JPG

Those look really nice.

CAn you use a hi-lift on the sliders without damage or excessive danger risks?

How much did you pay for 'em? I want a set. Those things are badass.

87CRUSR said:
CAn you use a hi-lift on the sliders without damage or excessive danger risks?

Yes - they are plenty stout. I used the floor jack to lift one side on the sliders and no flex at all. Jim is going to make a little bracket that will accomodate a HL jack, and fit over the slider.

M

tonkota said:
Hey, where did you get those drive flanges instead of hubs? I want a set for the Pig sooner or later.

Sorry to hijack the post.

Those are good looking slider steps. I like those too.

That's just a standard HJ60 rear full floater. I bought it, and Mudrak installed it when he installed my OME suspension.

M

Spook50 said:
How much did you pay for 'em? I want a set. Those things are badass.

Jim builds them for free... Just kidding, Jim!

PM 2badfjs and ask for a price. Jim built these to my design, and did them exactly as I wanted them, so they cost a little more. Price was better than fair, trust me.

One note - they fit close up on the body. I had to bend the pinch welds up and in for the rear two supports. Simple to do.

M

Here is the drawing that I sent Jim...

290572.jpg

those sliders are sweet. i wish he could rig some up for a 62 (due the cat on the outside of the frain rail)

Nice sliders, do you have a pic below where they attach?

Also, what size and make Goodyears do you have on those stock rims? I have been told that they do not make MTR's in 33X10.5 and that 12.5s will not fit.

Dunbar

31X10.50's. Would like to try the 32X11.50's. IMO, 33's would need 4.11 gears to be comfortable on the highway.

M

Mike S said:
31X10.50's. Would like to try the 32X11.50's. IMO, 33's would need 4.11 gears to be comfortable on the highway.

M

Ahh!

Yes, I have 411's in my 62 with the H55F which is why I need 33's. I also have 6 stock wheels and mini truck calipers which are tough to fit with aftermarket wheels.

Damn Goodyear for not making 33X10.5 MTR's.

Dunbar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom