Jet Fuel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, I was talking to some of you a couple meeting ago about the jet fuel mix, I have been running it my cruiser for a couple of months now, and it runs great.
I use a mixture off 2 stroke oil and jet A-1. The mixture is about 100:1 so it only cost me about $2.50 per tank. We are building some storage tanks soon and and are setting up a biodiesel operation as well, we plan on trying a 50/50 mix of the 2 diesels and will see how it goes.

Ryan

Wicked. Screw the biodiesel man, it is much more work, and you will never get it as cheap as $2.50 a tank!

I know, but I would feel much better helping the enviroment at the same time. We will try it out and see if it is worth it. We want to get some big tanks for storage, who knows we could go into a war and fuel might become scarce, so we might just have to start stock pileing it away. As it sits I have 3 years of fuel in my barn that is a backup.
Ryan

That is too funny, you sound a lot like my dad (it's better to have stuff at home, cause you never know when you will need it, or my favourite: you never know when the government will ban diesels!). Environment??? I never pictured you as a greeny. :D

I try

lucky said:
Hi guys, I was talking to some of you a couple meeting ago about the jet fuel mix, I have been running it my cruiser for a couple of months now, and it runs great.
I use a mixture off 2 stroke oil and jet A-1. The mixture is about 100:1 so it only cost me about $2.50 per tank. We are building some storage tanks soon and and are setting up a biodiesel operation as well, we plan on trying a 50/50 mix of the 2 diesels and will see how it goes.

Ryan

You work for an aircraft operation or something? I don't mean to rain on your parade, but post in a year how your injector pump survives. They burn the same, but I don't know about the lube abilities of 2 stroke oil in your injector pump. I would go with some diesel fuel conditioner, something ment as an additive to arctic diesel. You should find it in Calgary for sure, especially in the winter. Arctic diesel is the same as Jet A and stove oil, no lubricating abilities.

My roomate has been using it for over a year, and his friend has been running it in his 2003 F-350 for about a year now. So far they have no injector problems. I have used, now and again some diesel conditioner as well as 2 stroke in my mix, but not to often. We have thought of trying stove oil, we may try it eventually. My roomate works at the airport for an unamed company and has access to as much diesel as needed.

Ryan

lucky said:
I have used, now and again some diesel conditioner as well as 2 stroke in my mix, but not to often. We have thought of trying stove oil, we may try it eventually. My roomate works at the airport for an unamed company and has access to as much diesel as needed.

Ryan

An 03 F350 is a pretty expensive test bed for trying fuel. I wouldn't risk it in my 99 F350. However as new blends of diesel come out, they have less lubricating abilities, new diesel engines may be designed with this in mind.

Stove oil is more or less the same as Jet A, just has less stringent specs and prolly comes out of the same tank. If jet is cheaper (free :) ) it is better. Just don't be a totally cheap bastard and put some conditioner in EVERY tank. When the Jet's free you can afford a couple bucks worth of conditioner per tank. Let us know if you have any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom