JerryCan Frustration-GRRRR! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Markuson

SILVER Star
Threads
Aaaaaa!!!!

So here in Kalifornistan, it seems that all the best jerry cans are illegal to buy, import, use, etc.

**And yes, I have hunted on the forum and the internet...

It's a mess trying to figure out, and all the best ones you'd want to buy via Amazon, etc. have a little note saying, "Cannot be delivered to your location" or some such wording.

So.... Does anyone have a bead on excellent jerry cans available to Kalifornians...preferably with an option to NOT use the hopelessly flawed "no-spill spouts" that inevitably just lead to more spillage?

Need the standard, NATO-sized cans. Oh...and in Kal? They **have** to be red.

I would be forever grateful...

Markupoop (my grumpy alter-ego is Markupoop)

PS. I placed an order for just one from jerrycan.com (eventually want 5). My card was charged...but no answer, no email, and they are not picking up their phone. They came highly recommended from another forum I found during my hunt...but not sure what to think now.

As an infantryman, who's uses Scepters constantly. I love the water can, and the quick spout for them makes getting water out soooo easy.

The Scepter fuel can (MFC) is good, but rotopax are better. There is a reason that civilian can't buy new ones from a company in the US. They always spill the fuel that gets into the internal vent on the ground.

Rotopax are much better, and buy a rotopax water spout to not have to deal with the "anti-spill" spout that makes you spill all over the place.

Last edited:
There are plenty of sources for cheap, leaky, metal knock-offs... But finding anyone who will ship the good stuff to CA is tough.

If i can buy them here in GA and ship them to you I will. Just pay me the shipping. Happy to help out a fellow
Member.

Maybe move to a non people's republic state? All the guns, gerry cans and cheap gas you want!

We plan to.

Meanwhile... I'm looking for fuel cans. ;)

Re: guns... About half of my guns are now illegal to purchase/sell here... even though none of them, to my knowledge, have jumped up and committed any crimes. :bang:

They sell these on Amazon.
The Water ones do not have the CARB crap and have a nice spout.
I would label them gas if they contain gas.
If you use this setup you can change cans based on need.

File Dec 20, 2 03 07 PM.jpeg

Be careful with metal "NATO/military" cans. Like most things, cheap Chinese buy 4 for $50 will be questionable to not flake paint off into the fuel.

The Wevian is a real well built unit that is good to ship into Cali and is red to also meet that fun law you have that fuel containers must be red.

The New CARB/EPA Compliant Jerry Can

Last edited:
They sell these on Amazon.
The Water ones do not have the CARB crap and have a nice spout.
I would label them gas if they contain gas.
If you use this setup you can change cans based on need.

View attachment 1412875
The plastic of those isn't designed to handle fuel, they break down into your gas. Slowly, but none the less.

It is sad that we now need to shop for pre-ban gas cans. :bang:

These things are like low-flow toilets, child-proof caps, etc. Now I'll head back to my rocker and go have some more Metamucil...

If i can buy them here in GA and ship them to you I will. Just pay me the shipping. Happy to help out a fellow
Member.

Thank you for such a helpful offer! If it comes to that, I might take you up on it. It's crazy how many hoops there are to jump through on the left coast...

The plastic of those isn't designed to handle fuel, they break down into your gas. Slowly, but none the less.

I have about 5 of the Red ones (from Costco) and they are holding after a year of having stabilized gas in them so what evidence proves otherwise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom