Jerry Can to Hose Thread adapter (JC2HT) for Scepter / LCI (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A couple of other products have some on the scene combined with life changes have made it where they are not available at a competitive price, but are available at higher quality/price and IMHO the best solution. I haven't received any negative feedback on the final design, but didn't get a ton of enthusiasm either. Something may change in the future.

I have set them up on Shapeways (very high quality) at no profit to myself.. The price is about $15 ea right now plus shipping, but will float up and down as the costs change. I just ordered one to triple check that everything is to spec and will update after receipt.

Click here: JC2HT Short Necked by morgandc on Shapeways

-----------------------------
Having searched the forums it sounds like many of us have been down this path. I have 4 of the LCI / Scepter water cans that I purchased on Amazon and was completely amazed when I discovered that that the threads on the cap aren't hose thread (Or any normal thread). I purchased these to haul water and fill my RV up, but the length of the pour spout and angle of the fill on my trailer make life difficult so.... I fired up the CAD software. Since my initial search/design I have now discovered a couple of options on Amazon and eBay are now available, but I like my design better :)

I am now producing "Jerry Can to Hose Thread" (JC2HT) adapters in small quantities. The adapter is designed to be used with a hose gasket and are as short as possible in order to be left on the can as repeated install/removal is hard on the water can threads. I recommend purchasing a hose gasket and hose end cap for each of the adapters and removing the custom thread cap that comes with the jerry can. Although I do have the ability to make various length spouts at this time don't plan on it without someone proposing a special problem that a short hose won't solve.

If you are interested in a sample and providing feedback please PM me with your mailing address and I will send out a sample free of charge to about 10 people. Pending positive feedback, I plan to put them on Amazon for sale.

Thanks!

-Dwight

IMG_0497.JPG
IMG_0499.JPG

Last edited:
Looks like a good idea, would like to hook up a valve for washing hands and stuff when camping

Looks like a good idea, would like to hook up a valve for washing hands and stuff when camping

For just hand washing / picnic usage you might prefer this option, although spendy it is a complete solution. I am sure my solution will work for you, it will just require a trip to the hardware store. That is what I like about the hose thread solution, you can do anything you want.

Amazon.com : Scepter Military Water Can Spout - MWC Dispenser - MWC Nozzle : Sports & Outdoors

pm'd
Thanks

Thanks to those of you that volunteered to try out some samples, I look forward to the feedback. Unfortunately with shipping being so expensive I will need to stop accepting volunteers at this time. Assuming I get positive feedback I hope to have them on the market within 60 days or so barring any unforeseen hoops to jump through.

-Dwight

Thanks for the links guys

A I am dotting i's and crossing t's getting ready, I have discovered that having something "food grade" is a very onerous process and would likely involve a sterile environment and certification from government agencies. What this means, is that I will likely be selling this as a non food grade item. Personally I have no concerns about an ABS plastic that can be run through a dishwater (non tested yet but spec'd to do so) as opposed to hand washing a jerry can/RV fresh water intake.

What do you guys think, is this significant?

Thanks,
-Dwight

Well, hell....I'd buy one just to support you.....post the Amazon link when there ready......good luck

Yeah, I will want two myself. Trying to pour water out of the can is really a pain, look forward to your product.

Dwight

Thanks, went to Ace hardware and got a plastics valve, so now I can lay my can on the side and just open and close the valve as need for water. $4
A hose can be added if needed.

image.jpg

Glad it worked for you! I know I hated trying to get water out of the cans and into my RV.

got mine as well. Thanks Dwight! I will be getting mine all set up this weekend. I'll probably do a hose with the nozzle at the end so I can have the jerry can mounted on the roof rack.

Nice! I am waiting on some new materials to be arrive/test so I can try an get closer to food safe. Currently the food safe material I have is fully usable, but not quite as nice looking when I am done so I want to try a couple other options. Glad to hear all of the samples are working well mechanically across the different jerry cans.

I am doing final testing a food safe material that looks promising, I have tested it up to 230f in my oven so it is "car safe" and dishwasher safe. I am also considering switching to black for it's excellent UV resistance even though I would prefer a tan to match my containers. These changes will address all of the concerns raised to this point during testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom