Jerry Can Tie Downs for 4x4 Labs 3 can holder? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys!

Finally finished welding up the last of my 4x4 labs rear dual swingout and was wondering what others are using to strap down your jerry cans.

So far I'm looking at this product:

http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Car...tml?feed=npn&gclid=CMqE5YXV58UCFcE2aQodGgwAOg

Suggestions welcome!

Poser shot of finished bumper...kudos to Luke for an awesome product. The kit really fit together well, and this was my first major welding project.

IMG_3565.JPG

I used a nice big 2" Keeper rat strap cut down, purchased at THD.

In addition to a good hefty cable lock you should be solid.

-A

Transport quality black rubber bunji straps, they are tough, strong, cheap and easy to use/replace. Sometimes simple and proven are best?

I welded on some d-rings to the basket and use a simple lashing strap with a cam lock

16292361059_d305f0132c_h.jpg

Thanks guys. I like the d-ring addition idea.

http://www.macscustomtiedowns.com/

I use a short tie-down ratchet strap from the above place with stainless components. Dont know if he still has them or not...its weathered the outdoors well and is still in good shape..2 plus years on the back bumper.

I use a simple 1" nylon strap. Honestly, with 3 sceptre cans the only way they are coming out on their own is if the truck rolls.

I also made a custom length cable lock using a harbor freight cable crimper and some 1/4" hardware store plastic coated cable to make it less convenient to steal them after 3 cans were stolen just leaving them in the rack in my driveway overnight before a trip.

Last edited:
I'm interested if others have used anything that prevents the gas can cap from being fiddled with. I have three septer cans for water that I want to carry outside but will be a height were they can be fiddled with. Anyone tie down their cans with a way to interrupt fluid theft

oh, you are talking about water cans? That wouldn't work for those. I think you are back to something in the rack.

Maybe you could do a cable lock on the tab you push in to open the cap? Seems like a hassle and super easy to break though.

A use a standard ratchet strap around whole unit through the handles. Works fine.

Of topic but what to do about scepter cans bulging from heat in my shed. Both have fuel in them. Besides using the fuel..Ha.

A use a standard ratchet strap around whole unit through the handles. Works fine.

Of topic but what to do about scepter cans bulging from heat in my shed. Both have fuel in them. Besides using the fuel..Ha.

Double edge sword... Sceptor's are "non-CARB" meaning they 100% seal... Hence why they are so hard and $$$ to buy in the USA "new".

Just release the pressure and store in a "cooler" place. Or vent them hence the defeating whole purpose of Sceptors.

Again our government working hard at protecting us from ourselves I suppose...

-A

Thanks AMMO, I think that's the route I'm going to take actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom