Events/Trails Jemez Mountains Clean Up: Nov 11th or 12th (1 Viewer)

May 28-29 or June 4-5

• May 28-29

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • June 4-5

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We had a pretty damn good team last time. I think with the people we have in our club we will be able to get this done without anyone getting hurt.

Having a smaller group for the actual work would be best, but a big group for the campout would sure be a lot of fun.

So, do bring the keg? yes? :rofl:

I would like to help out again this year if I can. I can also bring a gate key. :)
It seems like FS Law Enforcement could see if the vehicles were reported stolen (probably the Explorer was just abandoned) and be able to dispose with the police report or something. It shouldn't be so hard to get rid of junk like this!

Happy to have you.

The Forest Service tried working through their LE but that has not worked out so far.

Any updates? Are we up for June 4-5?

Any updates? Are we up for June 4-5?
The vote looks like we are on for June 4 and 5th. I will plan to move this forward planning for that weekend.

Pappy, what date in April would the club meeting be held? I think it would be a good idea to plan to have a meeting then with the those interested in working the actual recovery to plan it out in more detail.

I see the April club meeting is the 16th. Those that are interested please plan on attending that meeting and we will discuss and work out more details for the recovery.

@Tank5 I was talking to someone today and they said that there is an outfit around here called Strong House Recycling that will haul junk vehicles without a title. Said they are on Facebook.

@Tank5 I was talking to someone today and they said that there is an outfit around here called Strong House Recycling that will haul junk vehicles without a title. Said they are on Facebook.
I will see if I can look them up and confirm. Thanks for the lead.

I will be at the club meeting tomorrow to meet with anyone that can be there and interested in the vehicle removal.

Update, I had attended the last Club meeting and a small group of us discuss the vehicle removal without solidifying anything. I have been busy with work since and have now rolled into responding to the fire up here.

Unofficially I am expecting the Forest to go into stage 3 fire closures soon (Los Alamos and DOE entered stage three fire closures today). I expect the closures will remain in effect until the monsoon rains arrive in, mid July or so.

Given these developments I don’t expect the vehicle removal project to be allowed in June as planned.

I am proposing once again we plan to move the dates to the fall sometime, September or October.

I am open to other date suggestions beyond mid July when hopefully the monsoon arrives.

Update, I had attended the last Club meeting and a small group of us discuss the vehicle removal without solidifying anything. I have been busy with work since and have now rolled into responding to the fire up here.

Unofficially I am expecting the Forest to go into stage 3 fire closures soon (Los Alamos and DOE entered stage three fire closures today). I expect the closures will remain in effect until the monsoon rains arrive in, mid July or so.

Given these developments I don’t expect the vehicle removal project to be allowed in June as planned.

I am proposing once again we plan to move the dates to the fall sometime, September or October.

I am open to other date suggestions beyond mid July when hopefully the monsoon arrives.

Bummer! Damn fires!

Stay safe Dennis!

You're right in the heart of it, I'd guess we all defer to your best judgment.
I'll make time anytime that works

Im game anytime except 9/2-9/11
It'd be nice to get up to the hills either way. I'm happy to go scout these to get the VINs if you don't have them already.

Any news on this yet?

Any news on this yet?

My September is packed and October is not much better. Maybe end of October early November. I will try to narrow down some dates and post something up this week

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom