Jegs Sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drake2

SILVER Star
Threads
Jegs is having a sitewide sale so I picked up a few items. Getting ready for pulling my 400SB for switching over to the new build and getting ready to do the full rebuild on the 1980 FJ40 front axle. I have had numerous engine stands over the last 30 years but this will be the first with a geared rotating head. Unfortunately it is on back-order but I will update this thread with an engine stand review once I receive and use it.

1576471002509.png

Thanks for the heads up; may have to pull the trigger on the ProCar seats for my 40.

Damn. Could use one of those rotating engine stands. For some reason my price is showing up as $214.

Damn. Could use one of those rotating engine stands. For some reason my price is showing up as $214.
Did you enter the code SANTA when filling your shopping cart?

I used HOLIDAYS - which gives you $10 off $199, $30 off $499, and $70 off $899.

I hadn't seen SANTA and when I tried it I was told that it couldn't be applied - perhaps expired?

Eh, $5 isn't a big deal.

I was too late for the SANTA code also. Then, Jegs did not have the adapters I needed for the seats, so I went over to Summit and got a slightly better sale ($40 off of $499), and free shipping, plus they had the adapters I needed. Supposed to have the seats before Christmas even with the free shipping! Adapters are being drop shipped from ProCar so I may not get those until after the first of the year.

I was too late for the SANTA code also. Then, Jegs did not have the adapters I needed for the seats, so I went over to Summit and got a slightly better sale ($40 off of $499), and free shipping, plus they had the adapters I needed. Supposed to have the seats before Christmas even with the free shipping! Adapters are being drop shipped from ProCar so I may not get those until after the first of the year.
Please post pics of the seats when you get them in. I am considering the same for my 40.

Please post pics of the seats when you get them in. I am considering the same for my 40.

Will do.

There are several (old) threads in the 40 sub-forum with photos of them in early (pre-'79) 40's just FYI. Mine is a 12/79-build 1980 so it will be a little different than those. But I'll post photos regardless.

Supposed to have the seats before Christmas even with the free shipping!

Just wanted to report back on my experience with Summit. I have been a repeat customer with both Jegs and Summit, and have been happy with both, but in this transaction my expectations were exceeded. I ordered my seats on Friday, Dec. 20, and they were delivered either late Saturday night or early Sunday morning! That was the free shipping too, and days before Christmas. I was fairly astounded. I live out in the country, so it's not like I am close to a warehouse or distributor either.

The only rub is, the adapters for my 40 were not in stock and are being drop shipped straight from ProCar, and they are saying they won't ship them until after the first of the year. So even though I have my seats, I can't install them yet. But that is not Summit's fault.

Just wanted to report back on my experience with Summit. I have been a repeat customer with both Jegs and Summit, and have been happy with both, but in this transaction my expectations were exceeded. I ordered my seats on Friday, Dec. 20, and they were delivered either late Saturday night or early Sunday morning! That was the free shipping too, and days before Christmas. I was fairly astounded. I live out in the country, so it's not like I am close to a warehouse or distributor either.

The only rub is, the adapters for my 40 were not in stock and are being drop shipped straight from ProCar, and they are saying they won't ship them until after the first of the year. So even though I have my seats, I can't install them yet. But that is not Summit's fault.
I too have always had a great experience with Summit in the past. Free shipping on a pair of seats definitely saved a pocket full of cash!

Finally received one of the items on my recent Jegs order. Good packaging, bonus stickers, and what looks to be a well made product for about $21.00 w/ FREE shipping. Can't wait to get it greasy :cheers:

1577470133766 (2).JPEG

Well, finally received the rotating engine stand......kind of. I blame Jegs for s***ty packaging and FexEx for hiring azzhat drivers who don't give a rip. I called Jegs told them this was BS and sent them pictures. The following is a copy of our conversation:

Me - "I want a discount because I can not wait 6 weeks for another one."

Jegs - "I can offer to refund you $40"

Me - "you know what, how about I take these pics over to social media and let's see what thousands of people think about how you ship your products?"

Jegs - "Sir, let me call you back in a few minutes."

Me - "Sounds like a good idea."

tick tock tick tock 30 minutes go by until Jegs calls back

Jegs - "Sir, I'm really sorry this has happened to you and there is no excuse for it. I would like to give you a 50% refund for the issue. We will issue $105.00 back to your card."

Me - "Thanks"

Never forget the power of social media when a vendor/supplier does you wrong. I always give good credit where due, but if I get anything less than acceptable customer service, they will get their appropriate due.

In the end, it's just shop tool and the scratched paint is not a big deal. I only pushed for the refund for their lack of proper customer service.

01.PNG

03.PNG

Each painted item should have been wrapped individually.

1580154532660.JPEG

1580158710490.JPEG

1580158709991.JPEG
:poop::poop:

Ouch...

I'm sort of glad I never got around to placing an order.

Obviously, they take the box right out of the container from China, slap a label on it, and ship it out to you. I'd say the shippers hire baboons, but that is an insult to baboons... But with the volume stuff that goes through the terminals anyone with half a brain finds other work.

Was just looking at the hardware that came with the Rotating Engine Stand..........bolt heads say 4.8 :eek:...equivalent to a grade 2. Guess who just got another email from me :bang:

I know this is a older thread, but nonetheless great advice from all of you on this thread 👍 !
Nothing “stokes” me more than marketers who think they can get away with that kind of :censor: public relations and think nobody will notice...( afterall we’re just barbarians, as though we’re just a bunch of scavengers, & they’re just feeding meat to the lions ! )

So true about the power of social media ! Keep ‘em accountable ! :clap: If they were wise they would follow up on your “battered” equipment and find out who’s responsible in the shipping route world and put someone’s feet to the fire, then follow up by getting back with ya. At least a guy then wouldn’t feel so...”violated!” I so appreciate what you ALL said here.

Unfortunately, "holding people accountable" in the customer service industry is DEAD.

I actually was going to mention that too....wishful thinking (sadly) I’ve often thought that someone needs to reinvent “customer service” & quality products, instead of “plasti-rama” And while we’re at it, hire people from America that we can understand....and 1 more thing...
Have REAL people answering phones again ! It seems to be a crime here in America anymore for someone to have a job ! Heck if a guy’s gonna dream ..DREAM BIG huh !? I know, I know, I have ranted enough....!

Actually I should have added the update on the hardware as well.....I emailed and never received a reply, of course. Then I called and spoke to someone else and explained to them that these "Grade 2" pieces of hardware and a safety hazard and someone was going to get hurt, or worse. They told me to go and buy the hardware locally and send them the receipt for reimbursement. I have no doubt that is where they will drop it. They will not inspect their current inventory or call anyone that has bought the kit to inform them of the hardware issue. I am sure of it. So to be the biggest dicky I can be, I am going to buy the most expensive hardware in town because they could not muster the balls to take care of it themselves. I do believe that revenge is a dish best served COLD.

@groundeater , I was curious so I had to check it out.........I see you and about 76 other people call Wellfleet home. Sounds like you have an overpopulation of about 76 people ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom