Jeff's New Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Jeff, I'm going to mention a YouTube channel called Lifestyle Overland. They just built out a GX and it looks 👌. ARB front winch bumper, skid plates, sliders...the works.
Thanks for pointing me to this information. Their travel videos are good . also.

Hey Jeff. So I'm in talks with a Lexus dealer in Las Vegas about a 2012. Looks really nice. Hashing out a few details right now. Will be trading in my 2014 Tacoma. Here's a link. I'll be in there next week to check it out and finalize the deal.

Hey Jeff. So I'm in talks with a Lexus dealer in Las Vegas about a 2012. Looks really nice. Hashing out a few details right now. Will be trading in my 2014 Tacoma. Here's a link. I'll be in there next week to check it out and finalize the deal.
It looks good and mileage is under 100K. Nice. I am happy with mine. Of course, try to get a history on it. Let me know what you do.

It looks good and mileage is under 100K. Nice. I am happy with mine. Of course, try to get a history on it. Let me know what you do.
Yeah. I'm starting to get cold feet. Afraid to spend that kind of money on a truck I know nothing about. It has really good service history. But I just have a hard time spending that much money on a truck that's 8 years old. They're very expensive to fix. Reading about front engine cover leaks and water pump issues has me hesitant. I just sold my Tacoma so that's a positive. But I'm thinking about just doing 4.56 gears in my 80 and have the head redone and be done. I think at that point it would tow our little trailer fine and still be used on road trips. Decisions decisions.

4.56 and 285 tires is a great combo for this elevation and light trailer towing. BUT, you gotta keep it to 285s, KAPISH? ;)

Pictures of my GX 460 after some mods
DSCF2754.JPG
DSCF2760.JPG
DSCF2761.JPG
DSCF2762.JPG
DSCF2763.JPG
DSCF2754.JPG
DSCF2760.JPG
DSCF2761.JPG
DSCF2762.JPG
DSCF2763.JPG
DSCF2763.JPG

Posted pictures twice, oopps!!

Ironman front bumper, Warn Xeon 12K winch, Metaltech sliders, Dobinsons rear bumper with dual swings, Toyo Open Country Mud Terrains. 265/70/18.
RCI Steel skidplates about to be bolted up. I removed the third row seats to give more rear storage and shave off 100 pounds of weight.
Still need Gamiviti roof rack and then can mount up my RTT. Lots of more things to do. Gotta mount my HAM and CB radios/antennas and get the ARB dual compressor plumbed to the front bumper. Rides smooth, need to get it off road once skidplates in place. Hoping for a Fall camping trip.

Excellent!! Time to take it out and scuff it up
Got to do that,but skidplates first. Don't mind some scratches, but don't want any holes in the drive line or gas tank

Looks great! That rear bumper must accommodate a gas can back there next to the tire? Still on stock rims with the new tires?

Looks great! That rear bumper must accommodate a gas can back there next to the tire? Still on stock rims with the new tires?
Carrier can hold 2 5 gal gas or water containers. I am going to get other wheels with some neg backspacing, 0 or -12. To move the tires back out to a better, wider stance. No rubbing now but needs to be centered in the wheel well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom