Jefferson Swap Meet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mr. Green

SILVER Star
Threads
I am heading down to the Jefferson swap meet this Saturday AM (4-29-06). It opens at 6:00 am but most people and their junk aren't ready until mid to late Sat morning. My main focus is to find parts for my muscle car and price it out accordingly as I plan to sell it soon, but if you have something in mind, parts, seats, etc... for misc projects I could keep an eye out for you. Drop me a message on here before tomorrow morning. Also, if you're planning on heading down there too, let me know if you want to meet up to tour the grounds, it can take upwards of 3-5 hours during the busiest part of Saturday. Plus, having a buddy along makes it more entertaining when people watching.;p

In the past I haven't seen a lot for 4x4 trucks but there are some rare gems on occasion, some FJ40's and other Yotas. I did pick up some recarro seats for '85 mini 5 years ago for $125. I think new the seats were almost $500. I also found anice 40K lb tow strap for $45 that has lasted me >6 years with moderate abuse.
-Scott

Was heading up to Antigo, but maybe I'll swing in for a bit. Don't need anything for my 70 Chevelle but my uncle's always looking for 63 vett and 58 chevy parts. I know what you mean about the 4x4 parts, but ever so often you run across something there. The right place the right time sorta thing.

The shows over but I did see a nice 87 Landcruiser there. pretty clean and low miles at 125K. I think he/she was asking $3500 for it. Didn't get a name or number but you can look them up via the swap's website and contact list somehow.
There was also a nice 40 off Hwy 26 or 18 (can't remember) but I didn't look at that one closely.
I'm glad I went Saturday not Sunday. nice weather this w/e!:confused:

All the years this show has been going on, and i've always ended up with other plans....one of these days...

woody said:
All the years this show has been going on, and i've always ended up with other plans....one of these days...

I bet you woulda had to pay for springs there, though.... :D

Fred

woody said:

there is a fall one in September also Woodrow!

I made it too and saw that 60. It looked pretty decent for the money. I was looking for parts specifically for my '70 Olds 442. I left once the rain came in about 2, so i only got about 1/2 way through.

Hey, the show is here again this coming weekend. I'll be there in my blue/black Camaro that's posted on here as well. Stop by if you get a chance and say hello.

I'm going to look for some better seats for my 40 besides other toyota goodies. I can keep an eye out for you for something specific if you send me your contact info.

Scott

Tater from Greenville will be there in the swap section. He is going to be selling Scout parts by the pound I'd imagine. He has red bushy porkchops, can't miss the dude. Stop and say hi. I'm sure he will have some sort of frosty beverage for you also.

Friend of mine just picked up a '80 Scout mint in a barn....:hmm:

Last edited:
I don't think Mint and Scout go in the same sentence unless you are describing a color on a Scout other than rust.

I don't think Mint and Scout go in the same sentence unless you are describing a color on a Scout other than rust.
true story. Traded a russian motorcycle for the scout+ cash. Guy is the original owner and had it stored next to his plane. Hence rust free.;)

The swap was a mud pit. Not much to see down there. And with the internet and price of fuel, I would expect to see gatherings such as this go by the wayside in the next 5-10 years.

Actually those I spoke with that did vend at Jefferson did quite well. Over $1600 each after expenses figured in is a pretty good weekend for a Jeep guy and a Scout guy.

Mud pit, yep, windy yep a bust, no. Anytime somebody can get somebody else to PAY for anything International made back then is a success.

I like the fact that at Jefferson anything goes.,not a must be 50 years old Iola thing with every crap tool vendor in between. don't get me wrong they are every where but it is OK to sell a '90ish chevy cab if you have a good one in WI.

lol, Santa Claus, Easter Bunny and Rust free 90 chevy cabs in WI... What do those have in common?

ok, fair enough, I wasn't buying tools or parts, just looking for whole vehicles for sale.

I thought you were on a parts hunt, my bad. Yeah whole decent vehicles they said were way down (on total count and in to the mud that is.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom