1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeep might have got the last laugh on me today ...

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by T Y L E R, Jul 12, 2005.

1. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Dangnammit!

It was around 0630, and I was coming back from sitting at the Lake. Came up to a train crossing , and put 'er in park to wait. In front of me sat a green Jeep. The type that is so utterly small and low to the ground that you'd swear it is a Soviet built car or something. Anyway, the train goes by, and we all take off again .. that is except me . My fuel filter starts throwing fits, and I'm surging and stalling out at a whopping 4 miles per hour. The wittle Jeep leaves me in it's dust.

I throw it in neutral and fire it up again, and tenuously continue on .. pull into the market and who do I see parking a few spots away as I realize I've stalled again?? Yup .. the greenjeep. So I try to smoothly curve round into a spot with my remaining momentuum .. thinking I might be able to fool him into thinking this is some advanced , low fuel expending, parking spot access modality. Yeah .. I wish :rolleyes: . I die within 15 degrees of a 90 and 10 feet from the concrete block.

I sit and cooly take a sip of my coffee .. hoping he'll be far and away inside the strore before I try restarting the 80. Good thing cause she'll have nothing of it for the first few attempts. Finally I get it parked and walk in ... a little disheveled.

So glad when I pulled up behind him at the crossing I didn't outright burst out laughing at his heep .. I just quietly cracked a grin is all :D

TY

2. Scamper

Scamper

How embarrasing for you TY. I suppose you could change out your fuel filter, but then you'd not have any heep adventures to go on about :flipoff2:

Maybe you should have used your last remaining bit of momentum to back into the heep and say s/he hit you :rolleyes:

3. Junk

Junk

LOL

Change yer damn filter blue stripe boy :flipoff2:

4. swank60

swank60

Whenver I get just a little uppity about ANYTHING, it comes back to get me. I blame my current set of circumstances on my "I'm badass" post about my AC over in tech...things just haven't been right since then.

Humility!

5. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Word! (whatever that means ... ;) )

TY

6. beno

beno Gihee Arakawa Moderator GOLD Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Have fun with the fuel filter...if you thought the PHH was bad, the fuel filter sucks ass!!