Jeep guy gets a Landcruiser 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Call me crazy but this past December I sold my 2016 Jeep JK Rubicon. I had some fun with the Jeep, but as a daily driver and occasional off roader, I just no longer wanted the expense of car payments/insurance/gas. So what do I do? I go out and buy a 2003 LC! No car payments, check. Lower insurance, check. But my GOD, the gas! :)

Honestly, I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of fun I can have. I have modest build plans. A few things from my Jeep will be moved to the LC like an ARB compressor and my ARB fridge. From there we'll see what I think may or may not be necessary modifications.

I'm not new to Toyota. Back in the day I bought one of the first FJ Cruisers in NorCal. Since then I've owned a 1993 and 2001 4Runner.

The Hundy - 220k on the odometer when I bought it:
save-new.JPG

My recently sold Jeep:
42172683412_fb1802c456_c.jpg

You're already showing your brilliance - 1. The move to the Land Cruiser. 2. Selecting the rarest and sweetest color. Welcome to 'Mud!

Welcome to the club and the obsession.
Familiarize yourself with the FAQs with lots of stuff to do while you get used to the new girl.

Welcome! I did the switch as well from a non rubicon JK. Never looked back, but i must warn you, every modification on the LC is going to cost you 10x more than it would on a Jeep, and a lot of things are made to order so wait time is long. Sure miss the open feeling of the jeep and rowing my own gears.

8629074441_a8618f5552_b.jpg

welcome to the life of luxury...….. I rode in a friends 2017 jeep the other day, I could not believe how freaking noisy it was with the hard top on, windows rolled up, ect. slap some Bluetooth audio in that baby and start modding away!

Welcome! "I have modest build plans", HA! Yeah right, just wait. That's what I said, now ~$5k later and a few more $k coming up in the next couple months. But I said eff it, because this is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. So comfortable, reliable and capable, plus with the possibility of it being a 500-700k+ mile vehicle, I consider all money spent an investment into experiences. I'll never own anything else. Have fun!

Welcome! "I have modest build plans", HA! Yeah right, just wait. That's what I said, now ~$5k later and a few more $k coming up in the next couple months. But I said eff it, because this is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. So comfortable, reliable and capable, plus with the possibility of it being a 500-700k+ mile vehicle, I consider all money spent an investment into experiences. I'll never own anything else. Have fun!
Maybe I should make overly ambitious plans for my mods that way I'll have an excuse when it doesn't get too crazy! And yes, the LC is definitely more comfortable. Solid axles on a daily driver got old after a while.

welcome to the life of luxury...….. I rode in a friends 2017 jeep the other day, I could not believe how freaking noisy it was with the hard top on, windows rolled up, ect. slap some Bluetooth audio in that baby and start modding away!
Ha! They're even louder with the soft tops on. You can forget about having a conversation with folks in the back seat.

Welcome! I did the switch as well from a non rubicon JK. Never looked back, but i must warn you, every modification on the LC is going to cost you 10x more than it would on a Jeep, and a lot of things are made to order so wait time is long. Sure miss the open feeling of the jeep and rowing my own gears.

8629074441_a8618f5552_b.jpg
The openness is something I think I will miss the most about not having a jeep. But that's about it.

I love purple with bronze rimz its amazing on the 200 and would love to see a 100 like that... purple is a rare breed in the 100s great purchase.

I'd love to hear your thoughts once you have more time in LC compared to jeep.

How was the ride difference on road and off road

do you feel you lost any capability compared to jeep?

and of course any initial impressions, going from a newer jeep to a 100 doesn't seem to be too common from what I've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom