Jeep competition - new Bronco (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GTSSportCoupe

2LTE abuser
Threads
Looks like Ford is going to try to compete with Jeep with a new 'Bronco'. Although I'm fairly anti new vehicle, I have to admit the new bronco range does look half decent. Like if I had to choose between these and an FJ Cruiser/4Runner, the Bronco would probably win. Toyota is falling behind IMHO. Bronco is available with 35" tires and front/rear e-lockers from OEM.... Now if only they'd throw their little 3.0 powerstroke diesel in one....

2021Bronco_Series_BASE.jpg

2021Bronco_Series_WILDTRAK.jpg

I looked it over. Have to see one in real life, but 6.7:1 low range first gear 3.0:1 t case
in standard trans set up it’s really cool. Lots of options. Problem its like the Dell XPS13
I just had to buy for work, base is reasonable but once it’s got decent upgrades it’s priced
out of sight. It is a heck of a lot better effort than the FJ was though
Design wise - Nailed it!!

647AA476-ECC8-4EC1-BAF1-07CFEB9CE332.png

I looked it over. Have to see one in real life, but 6.7:1 low range first gear 3.0:1 t case
in standard trans set up it’s really cool. Lots of options. Problem its like the Dell XPS13
I just had to buy for work, base is reasonable but once it’s got decent upgrades it’s priced
out of sight. It is a heck of a lot better effort than the FJ was though
Design wise - Nailed it!!

Thanks for your thoughts Jon. I didn't know you'd seen one.

Thanks for your thoughts Jon. I didn't know you'd seen one.
Sorry, looked it over online. I chased a Mercedes hauler the other day until I got close enough to
realize they weren’t Fords. I feel silly when I do these things, but that’s the life of a gearhead

Sorry, looked it over online. I chased a Mercedes hauler the other day until I got close enough to
realize they weren’t Fords. I feel silly when I do these things, but that’s the life of a gearhead

Sorry, read your first post too fast. More coffee needed!

☕️It’s 10:48 and I’m making another right now. I know what you mean.

I must admit I like some of the Bronco bits and pieces. Offering the manual 7sp. in only the 4 cyl sucks but the 7sp has a granny low which seems cool. Also, where is the 3.5l ecoboost option? It will come later I imagine, mostly to keep the sales coming, or to create a Raptor version.

I like the aluminum lower control arms and the way the doors stow in the back when in bored traffic cop attraction mode.

The little diesel, we can only wish. Diesel with the 7sp? I bet never. Not sure that diesel is any good anyway.

I must admit I like some of the Bronco bits and pieces. Offering the manual 7sp. in only the 4 cyl sucks but the 7sp has a granny low which seems cool. Also, where is the 3.5l ecoboost option? It will come later I imagine, mostly to keep the sales coming, or to create a Raptor version.

I like the aluminum lower control arms and the way the doors stow in the back when in bored traffic cop attraction mode.

The little diesel, we can only wish. Diesel with the 7sp? I bet never. Not sure that diesel is any good anyway.

Although I gotta say, I would not complain about 270hp and 310lb/ft out of an economical 2.3 turbo. :)

Although I gotta say, I would not complain about 270hp and 310lb/ft out of an economical 2.3 turbo. :)

Agree, it sounds cool. In fact a couple guys at work have the F150 with the little V6 (2.7l?) Twin Turbo and it rips. Real-world mileage is around 14l/100k so its a good option for a full size 1/2ton. One guy has the 10speed auto (same as the one used in the bronco) and it spends a lot of time shifting up. It hunts a lot and takes a long time to drop gears (often 2 or 3) when asked to accelerate. I suspect the repair costs or replacement costs will far surpass any fuel savings that transmission may save in the short term. Bla blah..

I think I read the fancy Bronco packages with the D44 axles, swaybar disc. and big tires aren't available with the manual and little turbo 4cyl. Almost sounds like modern-day Toyotas.

Wait till the raptor version come out in a year or so after.

They look too much like a jeep wit hthe top off

Has the world gone colour blind? But, that being said it don't look like a J**p I kind of like it.

BB16Hw5O.jpg

Has the world gone colour blind? But, that being said it don't look like a J**p I kind of like it.

View attachment 2388821

I like the look of the outside too... I’m be afraid to look inside one and see a modern vehicle inside with no resemblance to it’s roots. If as tater mentioned it’s a wall of plastic I’d likely be tasting bile. ;)

I feel buying anything new is dumber than buying a boat. It’s all disposable crap that won’t be on the road in 20 years or collectible in 40. Im not even going to go into an unhinged rant about how much effort, time or $$ it is to change a minor part in anything new. Even the dealers struggle with the new stuff often causing other problems unplugging the spider web of wiring harnesses to work on anything. A nice welded aluminum boat Is a much more fun deep dark pit of despair to throw your 40,000 Into, repair costs probably equivalent too. Not that there’s much fish left to catch.. I blame DFO for not restricting commercial quotas more. Anyway back to trucks. I will dive my old cruisers pulling my boat and trailer at 20K under the speed limit on the hills till the millennials ban the combustion engine probably in about 5 years. Yeah yeah I’m a millennial too but just barely, we are different than the younger ones. Us elder millennials were also spanked and smacked upside the head as kids. That’s why we appreciate the old things like a nice fossil fuel sucking combustion engine clad in real metal.

Ford offers a tuner over the counter through the performance parts that adds another 35 horsepower and 76 ft-lbs of torque for the Mustang. I am guessing they will have a version for the Bronco.

I feel buying anything new is dumber than buying a boat. It’s all disposable crap that won’t be on the road in 20 years or collectible in 40. Im not even going to go into an unhinged rant about how much effort, time or $$ it is to change a minor part in anything new. Even the dealers struggle with the new stuff often causing other problems unplugging the spider web of wiring harnesses to work on anything. A nice welded aluminum boat Is a much more fun deep dark pit of despair to throw your 40,000 Into, repair costs probably equivalent too. Not that there’s much fish left to catch.. I blame DFO for not restricting commercial quotas more. Anyway back to trucks. I will dive my old cruisers pulling my boat and trailer at 20K under the speed limit on the hills till the millennials ban the combustion engine probably in about 5 years. Yeah yeah I’m a millennial too but just barely, we are different than the younger ones. Us elder millennials were also spanked and smacked upside the head as kids. That’s why we appreciate the old things like a nice fossil fuel sucking combustion engine clad in real metal.
Started reading an article the other day that said we won’t have any cars in 10 years... :eek: don’t know if it’s true. Still have 3 I plan to still own... and electric vehicles for larger trucks and campers don’t seem practical. I can see not everyone driving everywhere all the time, but travelling any distance isn’t feasible. Duncan and back is pushing it in a Leaf... and I can’t see hauling a load of gravel/lumber in a Tesla.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom