JDM windshield warning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If your JDM has a windshield with AS2 marking this could happen to you,this was from a rock that was kicked up from a passing car while traveling at 100kph down the highway.
102_2185.jpg
102_2186.jpg

Unbelievable. Glad you were ok.

With that said it does look kinda like some crazy glass art.:meh:

Yeh i got to my destination safely.
We were heading to Kelowna for our snowboarding vacation,had to drive like that for 3 hours to get there when we pulled into the parkinglot of the condo the glass started to drop out,the next day we doned our ski goggles and drove down the mountain to get it replaced.

Wow.
OK chalk up ONE good thing about our US cruisers over the overseas models, we don't have the side window safety glass for a windshield! Crickey.

That is how my windshield shattered on my Venezuelan-built Cruisers several times, I hadn't seen the "stars and cracks but stay intact" version until I moved to the US.

So it must be heat-strengthened (halfway to "tempered"). Were there holes where pieces "fell out" or is there a plastic inner layer?

US-spec windshields are "laminated": 2 layers of "regular" annealed glass bonded together by a plastic inner layer. Henry Ford brought the technology back from France in the 1920s. Prior to that, car accidents were horrific with plate glass shattering into "swords".

Great Britain was slow in adopting it.

End of glass history 101 lecture.

I believe it is called temper-lite no lamination.

were you able to get a replacement windshield? how much, if you don't mind me asking. i've got some rock chips in mine and it's also pretty faded so i'm thinking the day is coming to replace it and am wondering how much i should save for it?

160 Cdn I was lucky they just happened to have one in their wharehouse,Toyota still has them in stock not sure of the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom