JDM radio frequ to NA frequ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

crushers

post ho
Threads
ayone figure out how to convert these over. i had one customer that had found this on the web for his particular brand. punch in a code and it swtiched over. anyone find out anymore sites that tell you how?

crushers said:
ayone figure out how to convert these over. i had one customer that had found this on the web for his particular brand. punch in a code and it swtiched over. anyone find out anymore sites that tell you how?

It's probably radio specific. If you have a fully digitial radio, then it's conceivable that the frequencies could be coded in for the specific region.

The radio in my '88 BJ74, which looks factory - it has those five push button pre-sets- has a mecahnical dial and I couldn't conceive how it could be re-programmed. I believe these use an old fashioned mechanical coil to dial in the frequency, which would pretty much mean that they are very fixed in their range.

The Japanese FM frequencies appear to be about 75-91 MHz, while NA range is 87.9-107.9 MHz, leaving a very small range of overlap. The good news is that over the air Television in North America has two channels in the Japanese range at 77.25MHz and 83.25 MHz (braodcast channels 5 and 6, respectively), so you can tune into the audio portion of some TV stations on your Janapese FM radio!

Peter Straub

Punch "radio band expander" in ebay.co.uk and you'll find a ton of them small boxes that plug inbetween the radio and antenna. No experience though.

Talk to Nick at
NTF Communications
#136, 3132 - 26th St NE
Calgary, AB
Phone: 403-219-0555
Fax: 403-291-2555

I have been dealing with him regarding my 2-way radio stuff.
He is far more knowledgeable than he lets on so press him a bit.
If anyone in Calgary can do it, he can.

Is the objective to be able to retain the factory radio,
or is it to see if it is cheaper than buying a new one?

I would guess it would cost more to convert the existing radio,
but it would be cool.

Hi Paul,
it is not to save money but to retain the original look and feel. also some of these come with real nice decks and it is a shame to have to pitch them when there is no need.
Morning Peter,
i will give him a call and see what i can find out.
the frequency expanders is okay but doesn't change the display on the digital read outs.
Hi Steve,
i do not think it is a pin # but i am not sure so you might be right.
cheers

Sell the vehicles with a Sirius radio, they tune between 88.1 and 88.7,

once you go satillite you never go back to FM. 160 channels anywhere you drive in NA.

I love the news and comedy channels, also the oldies . Makes long trips nice. You can drive and laugh away the tension of the commute.

i have been thinking of offering the sat setup but i am not sure how the customers will feel with a monthly fee...
i know that a friend of mine loves his...
cheers

This can be done with some sets so you might have to contact the radio manufacturer or Toyota.I have a kenwood that I removed from one of my vehicles it has step tuning [ US/european] mode setting. All JVC arsenal series can change from us to european tuning spacing by , press and hold preset#5 button and FM button similtaneously for min of 3 seconds. cheers

crushers said:
i have been thinking of offering the sat setup but i am not sure how the customers will feel with a monthly fee...
i know that a friend of mine loves his...
cheers

Talk to shop in Cal that sells the unit. Pre ordering many will cut down the price.
Plus you need someone with a US address, which they provide. Many companies use their US sales office. Thats what they all do up here.

Its not Illegal. Just inconvienent,.

They are now selling for around 100 to 150 here. And I am paying 15 bucks CAD a month direct to my visa.

Awesome. Buy one for yourself to play with. You will fall in love with it.

I like sirius but have never tried XM. the comp. So I can say I endorse Sirius fully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom