JDM oil cooler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Tranny cooler

First of all I don’t know maybe one of you guys be able to help me or this thread should belong to International Tech.Im about to order and buy 1FZ-FE JDM tranny cooler, which fit perfectly, bigger core came out with new fitting, SS and all the necessary bracket etc…, but the problem is the seller in Japan and I (we) both didn’t know whether this will work for U.S cruiser ( Left Hand Drive ) Does anybody know or Can somebody confirm whether it will work and no problem at all?

JDM tranny cooler upgrade specs:

• Up to 30° F (17° C) reduction in engine oil temperature.
• Unbeatable Reliability.
• New positive-threaded, leak-proof fittings used in place of clip-style cooler line fittings.
• Abrasion and vibration-resistant stainless steel lines
• Low temperature-resistant lines - Built to withstand coldest winters.
• 50% more cooling capacity than stock cooler.
• Easy to install with clear instructions on CD ROM.

Thank you very mucho – :)

Last edited:
yes, sounds like there is room for confusion here.
What's this photo?
Are you talking about replacing or adding to the oil cooler on the side of the block?
cuz my FSM calls the ATF "oil" also, and the front ATF cooler is called an "oil" cooler...
But then you probably know all that already.

OK, no prob, but so they claim that cooling down the ATF will result in a 30F in *engine* oil temperature as well? Interesting... Cuz my ATF is running quite a bit colder than the coolant. No idea what my engine oil temp is like though.

actually, doubly interesting, cuz the extra heat removed from the tranny cooler will take away from the coolant radiator cooling...

Yeah, I posted this under some other thread many moons ago but the only two times I've ever got the "AT" dash light indicating too hot AT fluid were both in
Death Valley rallying hard uphill in loose gravel/snow with the CDL engaged. First time was with the SC and almost immediatley when the AT light came on, the coolant temp gauge was just below the upper line. Second time was with the turbo, same thing. Both times I stopped, let the engine idle, pop the hood, and turn all the heaters on high. Both times took about 3-5 mins to bring the temps down and didn't happen again as long as I didn't drive like that.

But you're right, both interface so you transfer heat from one to the other. I think mine resulted from too much heat from the tranny due to the xfer being locked. I've since realized that running like that unlocked works just as well. BTW, in case you're wondering, yes, everything was full synthetic, etc.

I've since installed the Mazda RX-7 turbo OEM oil cooler to fxn as the tranny oil cooler just below the intercooler. This is a slick unit that is all alum, very well built with an internal thermostat and fits nicely between the frame rails (actually just above them but same width). These are on eBay all the time.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom