JDM HDJ81 high steer kit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know of a company that makes a high steer kit for a JDM HDJ81? Can’t find anything in the states given its RHD, so I’ll have to order from elsewhere. Any help is appreciated!

I don’t think the rhd/lhd makes a difference. Most have some sort of drawbacks. Hellfire, slee, front range. Abs, panhard, cost and availability . All of these can be a problem.

I have slee, because i like heimed steering, although it squeaks when its dirty.

I didn’t think that would make a difference either. Talked to a few super knowledgeable 80 series guys and they all said otherwise. I’ll reach out to Slee or hellfire tomorrow to hopefully get some clarification.

I didn’t think that would make a difference either. Talked to a few super knowledgeable 80 series guys and they all said otherwise. I’ll reach out to Slee or hellfire tomorrow to hopefully get some clarification.
Is it not a standard 8” front diff? Sorry, i am not real knowledgeable on every model, just have common sense, but i get surprised why companies do stuff all the time.

Read up on each individual upgrade on here before buying, its not all as simple as it seems.

Is it not a standard 8” front diff? Sorry, i am not real knowledgeable on every model, just have common sense, but i get surprised why companies do stuff all the time.

Read up on each individual upgrade on here before buying, its not all as simple as it seems.
It is, but practically everything is flip-flopped, which shouldn’t matter in this case...at least I don’t think.

I’m not that knowledgeable with 80s in the first place, this is my first and only had it a couple months. Coming from the Tacoma and 4Runner world where every answer you’d ever need is a click away. Seems to not be quite the case with the Landcruisers as of yet. Big plans coming...just gotta make sure it’s all done right. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom