JDM "fusee" flare p/n 90986-01005 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I came across this completely by accident and there was no result on 'mud, so here it is:

JDMFlare.png

That, I believe, is a road flare below the passenger side dashboard of a JDM model. Here's a photo from some Russian site:

2ae8b4cs-960.jpg

The only related post I found on 'mud is this wanted post for JDM 40-Series "fusee clamps".

Just thought I'd post it up for the JDM-obsessed. Is your rig really complete without a genuine Toyota road flare? :D

Hahaha, so awesome! So is there a little clamp for it down there or something? I don't remember seeing anything on that kick panel....

Very common in Japanese vehicles from the 90s. Toyota, Honda, etc

Neat find.

The liability concerns IMHO might make it high risk to Toyota in the US market. A kid finds it, touches it off inside the vehicle, vehicle burns to the ground with the kid(s) in it. Toyota pays millions to the families and millions more in fines to some govt agency like the NHTSA (National Highway Transportation Admin)----??

Last edited:
From what I can tell, Japan still requires a "flare" on all vehicles, but they've probably moved on to LEDs rather than incendiary flares.

ZCissner: is your 80 an import or originally US spec? Original owner or??

That is so random. I want one. Amayama says it has them for about 12AUD. Might add one to the next order from them and see what happens, just for the hell of it.

ZCissner: is your 80 an import or originally US spec? Original owner or??
Mine is an import, I’ve never actually been in a US 80, I went for US 60s to JDM 80s.

P.s. I thought the dash grab bar was also standard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom