JDM freak... (1 Viewer)

Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Just received JDM TRD sway bars today which much better and thicker than OEM one, going to install it on this Sat but have question do you install the sway bars with the cruiser off the ground or can I just crawl underneath unbolt and install the new one? Also do I need alignment after install the sway bars?

Thank you
Sway Bars 002.jpg
Sway Bars 006.jpg
Sway Bars 007.jpg

Interesting...Are those from Toyota? I havn't seen those before. Interested to know how well they work

No jack
No alignment

I don't care what they are .. dair purty ;p

I should get a set before mine rust off my Canuckistanian rig! And $580 with all the bits :eek: .. TRD has 'em

p_stabilizer.jpg

Is it just the pic, or do the TRD's here look skimpy in comparison to the JDM's?

TY

Last edited:
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Yeah its Toyota and just beefed up the sway bar to get better handling and cornering on every day road performance.Also do I need to lube (Anti- Seize lubricant) / or grease the bushing on the installation?

markt said:
Interesting...Are those from Toyota? I havn't seen those before. Interested to know how well they work

No jack
No alignment

Where did you get those JDM sway bars from?

LX_TREME said:
Hey if you can get $580 still damn cheap :mad: :flipoff2: :D

I pulled one of the part numbers off the packaging in your pic, and googled it and got this page amongst others ..

:beer:

TY

PS: You selling the rear quarter panel clears now? I'll take a set.

Hey LX,

Where are all those cool links you used to have by your signature?

you know the twin turbo HD-T ... and all those Japanese 80 accesories ...

please share:frown:

cheers,

Tito

Website
www.yourphoto.com
LX_Treme,

You can install the swaybars without jacking up the vehicle. You might want to put anti-seize on the threads but not the bushing itself unless they squeek. You also won't need an alignment just for swaybars.
Looks nice!

Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Yeah TY, those the same sway bars i got :D

T Y L E R said:
I pulled one of the part numbers off the packaging in your pic, and googled it and got this page amongst others ..

:beer:

TY

T Y L E R said:
PS: You selling the rear quarter panel clears now? I'll take a set.

Im not selling those but ill give you the vendor name and phone number you contact them.Sounds good? ;)

LX_TREME said:
Yeah TY, those the same sway bars i got :D

Im not selling those but ill give you the vendor name and phone number you contact them.Sounds good? ;)

Thanx .. Pm me :beer: :beer:

TY

landtank

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Website
landtankproducts.com
Do you have Lockers? The reason I ask is that the harness for the front runs along the sway bar. The bar has 2 crimped spots in it where a mounting bracket of sorts bolts around it. I didn't see those spots in the pics, which isn't to say they aren't there, but I'd check them out before tearing into the truck if you have the lockers.

Do they come in green??? :rolleyes:

Are the bushings polyurethane? If so, you'll want to apply synthetic chassis grease liberally. I've put Daizen sways on my sedan and it came with this grease. Also heard Mobile 1 grease works.

No alignment needed after install.

Website
www.4wdtoyotaowner.com
sa-weet!

Pretty cool, man. Great find. Being thicker, are you using them to decrease body roll versus purely increased off-road strength? Is decreased body roll a bad idea when flexing? Or is it mostly for on-tarmac use?

Also are you retaining the stock links--does TRD make solid end links for this truck?

Dave

cruiserdan

SupportingVendor Emeritus
Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
Those things are purdy!....:hillbilly

I would install them with the vehicle at standard ride height, with a loaded suspension. Do not lubricate the bushings.

Great stuff for a hiway vehicle. I'm not too sure about off road though. Possible articulation restrictions due to the increased radius perhaps?

D-

Those would be nice on a lifted rig with some disconnects. Yota Mag, this is LX_Treme, his junk doesn't even get wheeled at Starbucks like our Master Poser Ty's junk.

Houston, Texas for now - Romance, MO soon!
alkaline747trio said:
Those would be nice on a lifted rig with some disconnects. Yota Mag, this is LX_Treme, his junk doesn't even get wheeled at Starbucks like our Master Poser Ty's junk.

:grinpimp: :D :grinpimp:

Different strokes for different folks....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom