SOLD JDM engines: Mitsubishi 4M40 / Toyota 15B-FT, 15B-FTE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I will check

For fitment in a Landcruiser, 15B will fit an H55F (if it has the correct B input shaft) if you have a bellhousing and *all* associated components from a B series landcruiser. NB: BJ4X cast iron bellhousing and BJ7X alloy bellhousing set the gearbox at different angles.

There are various flywheels (8 bolt), the larger ones from a coaster with 2 piece bellhousing won't fit, I'm not sure what size the megacruiser ones are. I ordered a new flywheel as mine is a coaster engine and too large.

Note: 15BFT is usually mechanical inline injection pump (PCV hose comes out side of rocker cover like a 15BF), 15BFTE usually rotary electronic (PCV hose on top of rocker cover as per images above)

From what I have seen of pics online, the military megacruisers seem to be 15BT (8 valve version), 15BFTE and NO4C. the 15BFT seems to be limited to the Coaster bus.

I will be doing a write up in a thread soon, as I get mine put together and installed in a BJ42 :)

I know the h55 can fit behind a 15B variant. I should have asked more specifically if these engines come with the h55 bellhousing and clutch setup, or something else. The second question was more if it was possible to buy the engine and tranny combo and not just the engine.

I know the h55 can fit behind a 15B variant. I should have asked more specifically if these engines come with the h55 bellhousing and clutch setup, or something else. The second question was more if it was possible to buy the engine and tranny combo and not just the engine.
Yes. Engine and transmission assy or combo whatever ;)

It would be better if you post the pictures and videos so everyone can see it.

If these engines are from Megacruisers, I think they are only automatic. A443 or something like that. I think the T-case is unique for the Megacruiser. But maybe possible to swap out for a regular landcruiser t-case?

If these engines are from Megacruisers, I think they are only automatic. A443 or something like that. I think the T-case is unique for the Megacruiser. But maybe possible to swap out for a regular landcruiser t-case?
Yes, they are automatic.
Never had a chance to swap. We just work only with megacruiser, pajero and some ex-military cars and trucks.

I would love to have a 15bft or would it be a 15bt? Do you have both and what is the difference? I believe 15bfte would be electronic controlled and difficult for a conversion. Do you have a multitude of these engines or do you part vehicles regularly? Do you have a means to set up shipping to the states? Do they all come with transmissions? I would assume all are automatics and of no use to me if so. Could you post pictures of individual mechanical pump engines?

I don’t mean to offend but you are a new member and people will be very hesitant to send money overseas without a lot of photos and credibility.

Anyone purchased from this guy?

I would love to have a 15bft or would it be a 15bt? Do you have both and what is the difference? I believe 15bfte would be electronic controlled and difficult for a conversion. Do you have a multitude of these engines or do you part vehicles regularly? Do you have a means to set up shipping to the states? Do they all come with transmissions? I would assume all are automatics and of no use to me if so. Could you post pictures of individual mechanical pump engines?

I don’t mean to offend but you are a new member and people will be very hesitant to send money overseas without a lot of photos and credibility.

Anyone purchased from this guy?
Yes, you are right. Sorry that I have very little time for internet and PC.
Soon I will upload more information on what we have and sell.
Engines come with transmission.

Cheers

Yes, you are right. Sorry that I have very little time for internet and PC.
Soon I will upload more information on what we have and sell.
Engines come with transmission.

Cheers
That is very understandable. You do have something people on this site want and there is definitely potential buyers here. It will just take some effort on your part to make the transactions happen. A group buy may be your best option. If these engines were here in the states they would sell with ease, it's unfortunate you don't have a distributor for them here. I've purchased engines from overseas myself but did not arrange the shipping myself. That is by far the big hurdle here and not one the average Joe even knows how to begin such a process.

I would love to have a 15bft or would it be a 15bt? Do you have both and what is the difference? I believe 15bfte would be electronic controlled and difficult for a conversion.

15BF is the NA 16 valve, usually rotary injection pump. Most in Aus are from Dyna trucks

15BT is 8 valve, looks like a 14BT. Might be specific to early megacruisers

15BFT is 16 valve, has small (CT12B?) factory turbo which has housings specific to this motor, rocker cover same as 15BF (crank vent side of rocker cover), inline mechanical injection pump which is said to be less suited to tuning than the rotary. Only seen these from coaster buses

15BFTE has factory turbo, rocker cover has extra bit on top for crankcase vent so they’re easy to identify, I think they’re drive by wire and you need someone who understands the electronics and has the equipment to scan.

15B series will bolt to a B series Landcruiser bellhousing but the flywheel may not fit depending on what it came out of, and pressure plate will require modification as it will foul on the bellhousing unless you redrill flywheel for a smaller clutch.

There’s also the Hino NO4C which appears to be the next generation of the 15B, 16 valve common rail, is cheaper and more readily available but has some kind of EGR and variable turbo, and no one has confirmed if the Landcruiser bellhousing will fit

Thank you all for comments.
Actually 15BFT was used until 1999 and from 1999 they started putting 15B-FTE.
And they all comes with 4AT that was used in J80 diesel. Soon I will make video of opening engine and transmission. I hope all interested guy will get answers on questions.

Thank you all for comments.
Actually 15BFT was used until 1999 and from 1999 they started putting 15B-FTE

Interesting. So 15BT was <1999, any idea whether the current models run an NO4C (Hino common rail appears built off the 15B block design) as pictured below?

Also interested to know if the NO4C block has the same bellhousing mounting as the 15B versions as noone has done an NO4C conversion into a landcruiser as far as I'm aware.

15BT megacruiser.jpg

NO4C megacruiser.JPG

Are the megacruiser engines 12V or 24V?

The civilian version is 24V. Probably safe to assume the mil-spec version would also be 24V.

Looking into it, I just saw these motors came with a 4.5kW starter!! o_O

@GTSSportCoupe 24v 1HZs came with a 4.5kw starter too... Not as rare as you think... I have three sitting on my shelves in case mine takes a poop...

My HZ starts before I even think about turning the key with that monster and heavy gauge battery cables...

@GTSSportCoupe 24v 1HZs came with a 4.5kw starter too... Not as rare as you think... I have three sitting on my shelves in case mine takes a poop...

My HZ starts before I even think about turning the key with that monster and heavy gauge battery cables...

Heh, yeah I read into it a bit after I posted that. Looking through the EPC, I realized all the 24V cruiser starters are around that power output. The exact same size starter in 12V is around 2.7kW. That's the advantage of 24V I guess!! P=IV haha.

Cheers,
Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom