JDM engine/trans for HJ75 Troopie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So... does that mean I get it?! :).

totally off topic, but don't you get into Unimogs as well? When I lived out in Wyoming, I thought there was someone around Douglas that was in to unimogs...

bk

"totally off topic, but don't you get into Unimogs as well?"

bkfj40 -

Yes, I'm probably the Douglas guy into Unimogs. I'm into anything that lasts more than a couple years in service off-highway. (US Domestic stuff falls to pieces. "Lifetime shocks" last three months...) If you know the area, you know about axle-deep bentonite mud that's slick as snot when wet, and hard as concrete when dry. Then there are the 6' snow drifts after just a couple inches of the white stuff. There are times when a grocery run needs an Unimog.

When I was 35, I had a kidney stone stuck, in the middle of a March blizzard. (Stone stuck in me, not the blizzard...) I own four Unimogs, and managed to progressively get farther down my 1+ mile long driveway with each one, until finally busting out onto the county gravel with a U1300L firetruck I'd built a few years before. (The first 'mog to get stuck was the 406 with a Schmidt MF3.1 plow and a full set of chains...)

I recall a hunting season in maybe 1995 when I was still driving the HJ75 and still had all the troop seats in it. It snowed and then melted, yielding that horrible mud. I took nine guys - all prison guards from Minnesota - with their rifles and bags into town so they could get to Casper and fly home. One guy stayed and drove their big motorhome out when things dried up. The old Troopie performed flawlessly.

Sorry for rambling... Here's some stuff on the Unimogs I own or have owned... Unimogs

that's a nice troopie....wish I would've taken a closer peek at it when I lived in Wyoming. I hear you on the bentonite - it's either concrete or sludge....

can't wait to see some final pictures of it...as others have mentioned - if you ever decide to part with it...I can give it a good home as well - right next to my baby mog.

bk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom