JDM clear-corner markers for 80 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mot

Threads
I have a used regular clear pair for sale (although the pic shows two) and a set of crystal-clear ones (new).

You can get new clear ones from Cdan for a good price. But one os the lenses has a small nick (see pic).

And the crystal-clear ones can usually only be had with the matching headllights (together for about $400).

I'm not sure which grill (pre- or post-'95) they will fit, but the crystal ones might match the '95-'97 grill. You make the call! :D

$50 for the regular clear and $120 for the crystal-clear.

I would love to hook you up with matching front/side/rear lenses too. ;)

EDIT: Those three sets have all been sold!
PICT0085b.jpg
PICT0003b.jpg
PICT0002b.jpg

Last edited:
FYI - The trim on those shown is for the pre '95 grill style (less chrome).

boydmick/LX,

Thanks!

LX,

I shall let you know!

Mot

LX_TREME said:
How boud you wait 'til i get the crystal one then i sell you mine.I got the OEM clear with extra chrome on the bottom.

I'll let you two work it out. ;p

Mot

Steve-O said:
Hey Mot, nice lights! I want to get a set of the regular clear corners from you. PM me when you get a chance, thanks!

Steve,

Will do!

Thanks!!

Mot

alkaline,

Sorry the price did not include shipping and they are already taken. :frown:

In case some of you didn't know, Cdan can get you a new pair for -'94 80's at VERY reasonable cost, IIRC.

Ping him and see if he can still get them.

Mot

You sold them and didn't tell us...shame on you! How reasonable is VERY reasonable? A new amber one is $48ish, would two regulare clears be under $70?

I "think" the last I saw/remember they were a tad north of that at $80+ for a pair.

If I were to get them, I might not even be able to get one clear one before shipping.

You can PM Cdan and let us know what you find out! ;)

Mot :)

Did you find out if you can get them with the extra chrome on them yet?

Todd,

If you mean the OEM clear corners for '95-'97, I can get them no problem.

But as I might have stated, you can get them for -'94 and "should" be able to take off the chrome piece (see attached pic of the crystal-clear lense's) off of the lenses you have on now and swap them with the new clear marker's. [edit: Credit here goes to a nice detective work done by "boydmick". Thanks!]

And voila!
You should be done with that mod, much cheaper than going through me!! :D

Boyd should be able to confirm whether this mod work or not when he swaps his chrome trim with those of his OEM markers'.

HTH,

Mot
PICT0002b.jpg
PICT0004b.jpg
PICT0006b.jpg

Last edited:
crystal clear corner lamps

Mot: I am new to this forum. These crystal clear lights look awesome. I didn't understand how you said they can be purchased. Ditto the regular clear ones.
Please clarify. Thanks.

80cruiserfan,

Thanks for inquiring. :)

Not sure if you have the -'94 or '95- 80, but "cruiserdan" can give you a pretty dang good deal for a pair of the JDM clear corner markers (check with him to confirm how much and if he still can or not).

The crystal-clear kind can only be purchased as a set with the multi-reflector headlights available here for the "wrong" side of the road. The ones I picked up above were sold by someone who had cracked a headlight and had purchased another set of them, so he didn't need the extra set of the markers. If $$$ is no object, I might be willing to do it for $200 plus shipping for the markers and I think chances are decent that I might be able to unload the headlights for the difference or more.

And as far as the chrome trim piece for the different design goes, whether for the JDM clear or crystal-clear, you can take it off and just swap with the ones you have on your amber ones with the new clear/crystal-clear ones.

Did I make myself clear? ;p :D

Mot ;)

here's a light related question for you Mot -- are the JDM 80 series grills the same shape as the U.S. Land Cruisers or the U.S. LX 450s? The grill shape is different between the two, and therefore the shape of the headlights are different too.

I've seen JDM 100 series lights and grills...those were like the LX 470.

Mr. J,

To the best of my knowledge the grills on the US 80 and the JDM 80 are identical (-'94 and '95-). And there was never LX450 available here...

You know that the 80's here had the inner fogs with yellow shade/capsule and the outer H4 for high/low beams. There are some folks here that want to do the Lexus "wanna-be" facia conversion by busting/taking out the yellow capsules and getting the Lexus grill and getting the Lexus markers.

Some go all out by shelling out more than $1,000US for the true Lexus conversion by getting the real LX450 headlights (for LHD of course), grill and the markers. They just "crank" the headlight adjusters and the safety inspecters seem satisfied with the light pattern. Go figure. :confused:

What the heck was I talking about?

I think either you or LX_TREME talked about the exact difference between the grill and/or the headlight which I cannot recall the details.

Not that you asked, but if the LHD headlights' light pattern is good enough for them to pass safety inspections and become road worthy here, the same might be able to be said in the US with the RHD aftermarket headlights. But PLEASE don't take my word for it! I'm sure if Cary or "the other" Doug found out I said this they would be all over me. :rolleyes: ;)

If I ever get around to doing it, I might have to get the JDM OEM headlight beam pattern and compare that with the multi-reflector aftermarket ones. :grinpimp:

Anyway Doug, what were you saying? :D

Mot

Mot
my LS is a 1993. My headlights are different than the Japanese models. I'm attaching a pic so you have an exact idea. You'll notice my left-side corner lamp is broken. And I already have the clear turn signals.
Looking at it closely, I don't think the crystal clear would look nice.
I read in another post that you also carry clear/red taillights as well as clear side markers. I'm interested in a full kit: front clear-sides clear-and clear/red tails. Let's make a deal.

p.s. I live in Haiti.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom