JDM 3B BJ73 - Turboing worth it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I live in BC in the greater vancouver area.

Post over in the BC coastal club and see if anyone they know anyone to do turbos or what not in that area, or someone with a turbo on a RHD BJ you could look at..

So If you bought a 13b-t manifold from GANDScruiser parts, 500 or so bucks.
And a new turbo, T3 spec'd right 1k possibly, then found a custom toyota shop who might want to put it on, you could still save some money over buying an AXT turbo.

Ideas ideas......

body lift to clear the intake pipe. Installing a turbo isnt bad, if its bought, a little trickier if you build it yourself. You should have pulled the oil pan and installed a bung with a plug in it when you changed the oil last.:doh:

:doh:

I changed the oil like 2 weeks ago too!

Although, I see some people just send and receive the oil lines to some place underneath their oil filter right

:doh:

I changed the oil like 2 weeks ago too!

Although, I see some people just send and receive the oil lines to some place underneath their oil filter right

Yah but IMOP you are then restricting flow for the vacuum pump.

I like an oil pan drain.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=61755&highlight=oil+pan+man

Good opportunity to paint the oil pan and re-seal it up.....

Also then you know you have a half inch drain, which is needed for a 1/4 inch pressure line. All scavenge lines must be double in size.

Post over in the BC coastal club and see if anyone they know anyone to do turbos or what not in that area, or someone with a turbo on a RHD BJ you could look at..

So If you bought a 13b-t manifold from GANDScruiser parts, 500 or so bucks.
And a new turbo, T3 spec'd right 1k possibly, then found a custom toyota shop who might want to put it on, you could still save some money over buying an AXT turbo.

Ideas ideas......

Lantec, where you able to find someone with a RHD turbo BJ to look at ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom