JDM 2002 with a different alternator than all of north American LC100 + LX470....cool (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, today was another fail.

My 02 JDM has a different alternator than the rest of the LC and LX in North America. Why would they do that? I also have no replacement options for greater current, and this one died in a year.

After ordering the alternator for a USDM LC from Rock Auto, getting it delivered smashed, ordering another, getting mine out....to find it is different dimension, connector, attachment.....fun.

So, now I can order another of the same 100 amp unit, or get this Bosch one rebuilt with higher current output locally....think I might as well go with option 2!

IMG_8323.jpeg

IMG_8324.jpeg

The one on the left is not a 02 100 series alternator.

Last edited:
JDM-spec alternator is identical to NA-spec alternator. Part number 2706050260

8D9ACEA0-63CF-4238-A3A1-0BE354ED7156.jpeg

JDM-spec alternator is identical to NA-spec alternator. Part number 2706050260
just went back, and saw that somehow 2004 was chosen, even though I swear I entered the right year, and after going through the drop down years, they change at 2003....so fack

2004 is a 130A alternator and can be used in your 2002. Just needs a different connector (push pins out of old connector) or an adapter. This thread has all the details but be sure and read my posts as the first few posts aren't accurate.

2004 is a 130A alternator and can be used in your 2002. Just needs a different connector (push pins out of old connector) or an adapter. This thread has all the details but be sure and read my posts as the first few posts aren't accurate.

damn son, this is awesome...I may just undertake this...or have it rebuilt to higher current locally. Sweet post though, and the pin out info is fantastic! I did find the fault in the Bosch "premium" rebuilt.... I guess premium means differing fasteners, missing lock washer, and stripped heads!

I have been having s***ty cb vehicle interference for months, went to Moab and back with the noise. Sooo, this has likely been arcing and sparking for half a year or more. I have never touched that rounded out screw, it came "rebuilt" this way. Great job!

DJI_20221203_163830_412.jpeg

Why don't you just order your alternator from PartSouq. Put in your VIN and you'll get an exact replacement.

$800 usd + shipping for an oem Toyota....I shouldn't have core'd my original, my mistake.
That’s for brand new, not reman. Just add -84 to the end of the part number to get the reman version, which is only $150.

going this route for sure now! No luck getting that connector anywhere timely, so hit up a wrecker yard yesterday...in -22 Celcius blowing snow....no LC, Sequoia, or Tundra in yard...but, I just wandered around peeping into gutted engine bays...and found a Yaris with the correct 4 pin connector just dangling beside the alternator, no damage! SCORE!!!!!

IMG_8348.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom