jaw problems

this is a bit wierd, but i was wondering if anyone has experienced/ heard of this or what might cause it.

when my mouth is closed, my natural position of my top teeth is in front of my bottom teeth. however whenever in a situation that involves alot of jaw movement for prolonged periods of time, like constant talking, or especially kissing for long periods of time, after the event, my jaw moves outwards, and my bottom teeth sit in front of my top teeth when my mouth is closed. it's impossible to eat like this, and extremely painful, generally i apply gradual pressure to my bottom jaw with my hand till i can close my mouth properly. my jaw muscles are painful for days afterwoulds...

patride71

it could be TMJ. i suffer from this. my jaw actually "locks up" at times. also, there is always a "clicking" in the right side of my jaw when i eat. not sure what causes it. my doctor didn't make a big deal out of it or give me any kind of treatment.

You might want to reconsider that tongue piercing. Doctors have been quoted as saying that TMJ can also develop from tongue piercings and the agitation that occurs as a result. It sounds like you may already have TMJ. Popping and locking of the jaw are common symptoms. Get it checked out.

Jman

Stop giving oral at the truckstop and things should get better. :flipoff2: :D

Hmm, could be TMJ. Or maybe you can unhinge your jaw, like a python? Try swallowing a rabbit whole, and get back to us with pics! :D

Sister had TMJ, got surgery, lived with her jaw wired shut for a while. Good way to lose weight. . . . . . :rolleyes:

Jman said:
Stop giving oral at the truckstop and things should get better. :flipoff2: :D

Hmm, could be TMJ. Or maybe you can unhinge your jaw, like a python? Try swallowing a rabbit whole, and get back to us with pics! :D

:rolleyes:
Nothing like turning a semi serious conversation into a laugh fest :D I just spit my coke out through my nose. Caught me off guard.

Jman

photogod said:
Nothing like turning a semi serious conversation into a laugh fest :D I just spit my coke out through my nose. Caught me off guard.
Maybe you should learn to swallow first, too. :flipoff2: :D :D LOL, after reading my own post about the rabbit, I actually laughed again at the image. :D

Seriously, though, bad religion--sounds like it could be TMJ, get it checked out. And while you're there, ask about tongue piercings.

thanks guys, the doctor waas on the cards, but i just needed to know if i was the only one in the world that this happened to.

i'll try the rabbit trick if the doctor says it's alright :)

and i won't get the tongue piercing until i know whats going on here

As a 100% totally non medically trained person sounds to me like you've got testicular cancer.
U...Huh. Yup that's it all right.
Good luck with that heart transplant.

Bad Religion them there doc-tors, are they the kind that dance around and chant by any means. If they are I'ld suggest (as a non medically trained person) you find one that has a little more grove in their step. Chances are they may have been at it a little longer. Good luck with the jaw thing too.

lol cookiemonster.

like i said it's on the cards, but i have to wait a week (and i can't see it becoming fatal since i've experienced it for a couple of years) to see a doc

You need to see a dentist. I hear all kinds of strange stuff told to patients by some well-meaning MD. What you are experiencing is common and most likely, easily treated. At least here in the US, a dentist usually has better training in this area. Meaning absolutely no offense to any of the real docs on the board.

GL

Ed

FYI the Bear just passed her Vet board, so she could probably diagnose you.....with mad cow disease or something.....

Like I said hang in there, keep any swelling down, and good luck with the medical system there.

lol. that's it, it's going untreated

i hate going to the dentist :)

that's the wierdest thing, no swelling

You have a friend and brother in Junk...he hates the dentist too. I went to an international oral implant meeting at the Mayo Clinic in 1990 and fell in with some Aussie dentists. They were some stone-cool mud-kickers. Their table was easy to spot with all the Foster's Lager cans.

GL

Ed

they can't have been aussies.... we don't drink that p!ss.. .we export it to the USA for a joke :)

bad_religion_au said:
they can't have been aussies.... we don't drink that p!ss.. .we export it to the USA for a joke :)

Like all the "Special Export" beers. Most won't pass rigid standards for consumption in the country in which they were made.

But they were Aussies, and they were drinking Foster's, and they were a lot of fun. I was surprised to find out that the socialized dental programs would pay for implants, but at that time they would. Anyway, they didn't look too scary.

GL with the jaw.

Ed

Top Bottom