Jason Scherer Wins KOH!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cAExBnCUBr_thumb_IMG_0091.jpg

Ian Plane breaks his front axle in half 20 feet past the finish line!!!
Damn Dana 60s... :p

OFFICIAL TIMES
1) Jason Scherer 4:42
2) Randy Slawson 4:47
3) Casey Currie 4:58
4) EZ Rick 5:20
5) JR VanOrtwick 6:02
6) Brad Lovell 6:05
7) Rob Mc Kinney 6:10
8) Adam Woodlee 6:19
9) Joachim Schwiesow 6:23
10) Greg Hussey 6:33
11) Wayne Israelson 6:37
12) Eric Holder 6:46
13) Tom Wayes 6:48
14) Steven Watson 6:49
15) Buzz Bronsema 6:52
16) Jason Pickett 6:58
17) Jack Adams 7:05
18) Will Carter 7:19
19) Kevin Yoder 7:20:28
20) John Reynolds 7:20:31
21)Hobie Smith 7:22
22) Roger Lovell 7:35
23) John James 8:15
24) Adam Carter 8:24
25) Eric Anderson 8:39
26) Ian Plaine 8:55
27) Brandon Naves 9:17
28) Brian Ellinger 9:20
29) Ken Mercer 9:24
30) Bill Schueler 9:28
31) Richard Gauthier 9:30
32) Branden Johnson 9:33
33) Clay Egan 9:51

1) Jason Scherer 4:42
2) Randy Slawson 4:47
3) Casey Currie 4:58
4) EZ Rick 5:20
5) JR VanOrtwick 6:02
6) Brad Lovell 6:05
7) Rob Mc Kinney 6:10
8) Adam Woodlee 6:19
9) Joachim Schwiesow 6:23
10) Greg Hussey 6:33
11) Wayne Israelson 6:37
12) Eric Holder 6:46
13) Tom Wayes 6:48
14) Steven Watson 6:49
15) Buzz Bronsema 6:52
16) Jason Pickett 6:58
17) Jack Adams 7:05
18) Will Carter 7:19
19) Kevin Yoder 7:20:28
20) John Reynolds 7:20:31
21)Hobie Smith 7:22
22) Roger Lovell 7:35
23) John James 8:15
24) Adam Carter 8:24
25) Eric Anderson 8:39
26) Ian Plaine 8:55
27) Brandon Naves 9:17
28) Brian Ellinger 9:20
29) Ken Mercer 9:24
30) Bill Schueler 9:28
31) Richard Gauthier 9:30
32) Branden Johnson 9:33
33) Clay Egan 9:51

I put the local boys in Bold!! Congrats!

I ended up going down to the race with Ben (Redline) and Eric Herman :flipoff2:
We drove all night, got their for the LCQ, Watched the race on Friday, and Hauled back that night..

Eric Holder
attachment.php

Shannon Pealing out on another guy after being DQ'd and told to stop
attachment.php

Traffic Jam 3PM at Sledge Hammer
attachment.php

Largest Crowd ive ever seen of hard core wheelers at the LCQ
attachment.php

The Hammers is most defiantly the Center of the Hard Core Rock Crawling world.. that place is killer! The Trails are NASTY, the Buggys are Amazing. But the Dust did suck!

After official review it was discovered that Randy missed 2 miles of course and has been given a 1 hour penalty.

so the official top 5 is:

1. Jason Scherer
2. Cassie Currie
3. Easy rick
4. JR Vanortwick
5. Randy Slauson

according to my facts. shannon stopped at the lake bed and was told in person by Jeff Knoll he could continue to be on course running for time.

so you lost respect for a racer because the race organizer allowed him to continue racing ?
In my opinion Shannon did exactly the same thing I would have done.
he continued his race until he was able to meet face to face with one of the 2 race organizers. dave cole or jeff knoll. he did that and was allowed to continue.
he made a clean pass on a rolled over racer. game on.

Give Shannon a break. ;)

Shannon has all the $$ and the Cocky attitude of a race car driver. he gets all the fame, and when its questionable what he has done, people are going to be all over his ass..

He did not make a clean pass over the rolled rig IMO, i was there, and he could have gone slower and more to the right, and not even touched the rolled truck. He pulled up behind while that guy was trying that line, and Blew his horn till those guys rolled, then did one easy attempt, and 2 Real hard Launches on top of that guys rig while the driver was still belted in, and had his helmet in the dirt. the next car through was Eric holder (Pikes Peak Rovers), he crawled it in one try and barley touched the rolled truck..

His dad Lost his leg because he was trying to self right his rig when he rolled and kicked up a boulder that crushed it.. :doh:

i dont hate the dude, but im a bigger fan of the drivers who are cool, laid back, and humble underdogs! :)

Last edited:
crawlingyota via YouTube said:
I got the same video of this happening. It was B.S. what shannon campbell did by driving over the other guys rig. I was camped next to guys that shannon drove over and he gave them 2 new air shocks, paid for their entry into the race next year and gave them $700 cash for any other repairs. It sucked what shannon did in the race but at least he tried to make it right

Now assuming that is true I think that says a lot about Shannon. I know he had apologized to those guys when he pulled into the finish line but he went above and beyond to try to fix what he "broke" and I think that says a lot about him.

Just thought I'd pass that along.

The real deal on Shannon Campbell

All the crap is getting ridiculous.

Here are the facts.

Shannon Campbell did not put anyone at any risk.

He was Disqualified for getting towed back to camp.

A course volunteer confirmed the checkpoints were still open, Shannon fixed his car and got back on course.

We communicated through our checkpoints that Shannon was DQ'd. Shannon acknowledged that communication and expressed his desire to stay on course.

Shannon had direct communication with Jeff Knoll, my partner, in the main pit at MM 65.

Jeff allowed Shannon to continue on course.

Shannon stopped at all checkpoints with the exception of Check 4 (where they said they didn't see him at all)

Shannon did make contact with Will Carter. Will did file a red card. Will made two requests as a matter of being made whole. Both requests were fulfilled at Shannon's expense.

He paid his price for being involved in that incident.

WE gave him the go ahead to stay on course. He was not acting inappropriately.

Those are the facts.

As far as what we have learned:

The BLM has given us permission to treat our course as a closed course. We did not have a mechanism to physically remove cars from the course, now we do.

We need to nail down the method of DQ'ing a car and ramifications for continuing on.

All rules and ramifications need to be written down and followed objectively.

This is my official statement.

From my personal perspective, I don't know many people on this planet and specifically in racing that are more humble and genuinely a good guy than Shannon Campbell.

Dave Cole
Hammerking Productions

lol. drama. It all goes back to the fact that rubbin' IS racin'. Seems to me that a rig built to handle getting through king of the hammers shouldn't get much damage from another guys rig sliding into it. the video of the infamous "shannon pass" was pretty awesome indeed.

The whole fact in a Nutshell is Shannon can get away with it because he's Shannon. Imaging if it was opposite......the newby unknown was following Shannon, Shannon falls into the hole and the newby uses Shannons mega buck Toy for traction.

The whole fact in a Nutshell is Shannon can get away with it because he's Shannon. Imaging if it was opposite......the newby unknown was following Shannon, Shannon falls into the hole and the newby uses Shannons mega buck Toy for traction.

Great Point.

I think in this case that particular person would be thrown out and shunned.

Exactly -

All the other competitors had s*** to prove, and when they broke, they all went back to camp with their tails behind their legs and drank a few beers, and started thinking about next year.

Mr Dave Cole has alot of $$ to be made off of Campbell, so its no wonder he is backing him up.

i guess i would shake shannons hand after he paid me off ;) i guess he is just lucky nothing broke on that rig, i would be PISSED if he put me out of the race when i still had a chance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom