Japan Cruisin (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was in the Marines with this guy. He and his buddies are big cruiser heads that live on Okinawa. Enjoy.

-Rob
cruiserjap.jpg
cruiserjap1.jpg
cruiserjap3.jpg

Cool!

so am i oblivious or do those roofs look different from what i typically see on 60's? is that nonUSDM differences?

-john

Typically, you do not see this roof style on a 60 here in the states. They are common overseas. Another thing that I gathered from the pics and after having talked to Mike at the last meeting is the reinforced pillar on the foreign market models that allow for the spare tire swing out mounted to the body as in the first pic.

-Rob

Cool!

so am i oblivious or do those roofs look different from what i typically see on 60's? is that nonUSDM differences?

-john

The high top 60 (or so I've been told) was for a Troopy configuration not sold in the states. More headroom for the poor slobs that had to sit in the far rear.

...the reinforced pillar on the foreign market models that allow for the spare tire swing out mounted to the body as in the first pic.
That pic has a 4runner style rear, not the distinctive 60 series liftgate/dropgate. But they are in Japan, could be sumptin we've never seen before.
The high top 60 (or so I've been told) was for a Troopy configuration not sold in the states. More headroom for the poor slobs that had to sit in the far rear.

w/ rear AC but no footroom and poor egress.

I'd still do bad things to have a hi-roof deisel 60 w/ambu doors, don't get me wrong.... :p

Last edited:
That pic has a 4runner style rear, not the distinctive 60 series liftgate/dropgate. :p

That one is not a 60, it is a Hilux Surf, pretty much a JDM 4runner.

If I'm driving a JDM vehicle in Japan, I want all my emblems to be in some cool Kanji or Kana characters, not Latin Alphabet characters. I have to look in hiddend places to find those on my US market vehicle.

That one is not a 60, it is a Hilux Surf, pretty much a JDM 4runner.

"Pretty much" only if you don't care about the engine....

Which is what makes the Surf so much cooler than any 4-runner of similar vintage here.

marcfj60 said:
If I'm driving a JDM vehicle in Japan, I want all my emblems to be in some cool Kanji or Kana characters, not Latin Alphabet characters.

Sorry. Even the JDM models have a lot of latin junk on them. Even on things like the serial tag. Weak, huh?

tag.jpg

Dan
tag.jpg

If I'm driving a JDM vehicle in Japan, I want all my emblems to be in some cool Kanji or Kana characters, not Latin Alphabet characters. I have to look in hiddend places to find those on my US market vehicle.

On the note of JDM Land Cruisers. I saw a right hand drive BJ74 at Santa Fe Tool company today. Owner was a young guy and I asked him how he imported it. Turns out he just got lucky and found it for sale in New Mexico with all the dirty work already done. What I wouldn't give for one of those! That turbo diesel sounded damn good.

Ummmm, was that Jerod?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom