January ROTM Fossil Creek 1/30/16 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dimples

I owe my soul to the TRD store.
Threads
This months ROTM will be a round trip from Fossil Creek Rd. to the Child's power station on the Verde River then back out. This is a stock friendly easy day trip with really great scenery. No permits are required. I am hoping to get a 2 mile hike in on the Waterfall trail, but I will leave that up to a vote. Fossil Creek Waterfall Hiking Trail: Waterfall Heaven The hike would add a couple of hours to the run. Without the hike the run is about 5 hours from air down to air up.

Meet up will be 8:30 am at the Shell Food Mart 1673 AZ-260, Camp Verde, AZ 86322. I am going to show up early 7:00ish and have breakfast at the Denny's across the road from the gas station.

Please bring a small garbage bag to help the rangers out with litter control.

Nope the closure is just a 4 mile section between strawberry and the creek. It doesn't affect the route.

Count me in! Looking forward to my first run with the club!

*Unless wife calls a veto and makes me prep for tile floor all day :(

Last edited:
Will it be you and your wife, or just you?

Awesome. Hope to see you all there.

If there is room for another I would like to show up with my 7YO navigator. No previous trips with CSC but interested

There is always room for another.

Fossil Creek and also the hot springs by the power station are two of my favorite destinations. It's always frustrating to see how much garbage people leave at FC in the summer months though.

It is pretty bad in the winter months too. Someone left all of their trash just piled in a fire pit. Not to mention the number of water bottles everywhere.

I'd like to go to this...Might bring the dag too!

Sounds like a plan. Lisa and I will (plan) to be there.

I'm planning on it too if I can get the Pig out of the shop Friday.

Running late but we're on our way!

Thanks dimples! GPS is showing an 855 arrival

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom