January meeting 1-9-07 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rusty_tlc

Dain Bramaged Member
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Date: Tuesday, 1/9 2007 Time: 6:30 p.m.

Place: Round Table Pizza, 4007 So. Virginia St. In the old Town Mall on the corner of So. Virginia & Peckham.

Agenda
1. Next club run: date & trail.
2. Plans for ‘07
3. Web site update.
4. TLCA Report.
5. Accounting report.
6. Collect Club Dues
7. Suggestions, ideas, questions, new business.

New and Continued Business
1. If you have a new address/phone number or e-mail address, let us know.
2. Club shirts are for sale.
3. If anyone needs help with a repair or conversion, let us know. This is an open invitation.

Great to have met you all, and thank you for your hospitality. I look forward to the runs you have planned, and if if my '82 is not operational, I hope to ride along for moral support and counterbalance.
Thanks again,
Grant

was nice meeting you as well Grant look forward to seeing you on the runs

Great to have met you all, and thank you for your hospitality. I look forward to the runs you have planned, and if if my '82 is not operational, I hope to ride along for moral support and counterbalance.
Thanks again,
Grant

Nice to have met you as well. I think between all of us we can put together a super nice run through central Nevada. Looking forward to it.

Jack

Anybody catch Wild Nevada on Sunday? They were down in the Hot Creek Range area.

Anybody catch Wild Nevada on Sunday? They were down in the Hot Creek Range area.

Darcie and I watched it and it got us to thinking. We were going to head to DV Feb 16-19 with some friends, but they had to postpone, so we already have the time off and are still open as far as where to go. We haven't been in the Hot Creek Range...yet.

If someone else wants to get something together for that weekend, lets get it figured out. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Jack

Last edited:
Darcie and I watched it and it got us to thinking. We were going to head to DV Feb 16-19 with some friends, but they had to postpone, so we already have the time off and are still open as far as where to go. We haven't been in the Hot Creek Range...yet.

If someone else wants to get something together for that weekend, lets get it figured out. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Jack

Are you planning to camp or motel it?

Are you planning to camp or motel it?

Well it will be camping...just not sure whether it will be tent camping with the LX or cabover camping with the truck. I need to look at the maps and see what kind of elevation we are talking about. I know Tonopah is freaking cold, but I'm not sure how much elevation you lose when you head east toward the Hot Creeks. That and if our siberian winter ever breaks.

I know you chukar hunters are impervious to the cold, but I did enough cold weather camping while I was in the Army in Korea, so I enjoy the warmth when I can.

What were you thinking? We can certainly get something worked out and if you are going to tuff it out, maybe we'll do the tent also.

Jack

Well it will be camping...just not sure whether it will be tent camping with the LX or cabover camping with the truck. I need to look at the maps and see what kind of elevation we are talking about. I know Tonopah is freaking cold, but I'm not sure how much elevation you lose when you head east toward the Hot Creeks. That and if our siberian winter ever breaks.

I know you chukar hunters are impervious to the cold, but I did enough cold weather camping while I was in the Army in Korea, so I enjoy the warmth when I can.

What were you thinking? We can certainly get something worked out and if you are going to tuff it out, maybe we'll do the tent also.

Jack

I'm like a tomato, I won't be tent camping until the snow is off Peavine. Unless it was maybe Furnace Creek or something.

I'm like a tomato, I won't be tent camping until the snow is off Peavine. Unless it was maybe Furnace Creek or something.

Well we are open for DV also. I would like to head down to the west side of the Panamints and hike up Panimint canyon to the town site. We've been inside the park and couple of times and hit the popular tourists spots, so this time we could hit some of the more remote areas. Again we are open, so if someone has a better idea, we are good.

Jack

I have camped on snow as apart of backcountry ski travels...I think I am over that! So even though I hunt in the cold sometimes...either a motel or a relatively warm campsite sounds better to me.

The DV thing sounds like the ticket. The NorCal guys are going the third week in March. Having never been there what is the ideal time range to go to DV before it gets too hot...is early to mid April OK?

I have camped on snow as apart of backcountry ski travels...I think I am over that! So even though I hunt in the cold sometimes...either a motel or a relatively warm campsite sounds better to me.

The DV thing sounds like the ticket. The NorCal guys are going the third week in March. Having never been there what is the ideal time range to go to DV before it gets too hot...is early to mid April OK?

It can vary from year to year, and where you are. I've been hot in March and comfortable in April. There are some pretty drastic elevation changes in the park so even in mid summer you could be cool at night if you were higher up.

We typically go around Spring Break or Easter. In the old Travel Trailer days we would have a base camp at Mesquite Springs (1800' elevation) and do day trips to the Race Track, Scottys Castle, Bad Water etc. If it was a hot year we would pull up stakes and head further south to Lake Mead.

Ok, so we have kind of changed plans and are loosley planning something else for the February and attending Death Valley Daze 2007.

Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom