January 21 Snow Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll bring mine. My son's going to meet us at La Cueva too.

Crap, I am out...I have too much work to do.

I will catch you later, have fun!

What a great day for a snow run.

Last edited:
There's something strangely familiar about those pictures. How'd it go? Anybody get badly stuck? I see Shawn up front and Greg at an angle on the side in the last picture.

Let's just say 2.5 hours for 200 yards and back...

Actually we went about a half mile - but yes, that was it and we never made it around the first big corner. We had people in the ditch on SR 126, just getting there!

The route. Full size available on request.

Last edited:
Actually we went about a half mile - but yes, that was it and we never made it around the first big corner. We had people in the ditch on SR 126, just getting there!

Was there a lot more snow this time?

Yep - another foot or so. We did okay (when we stayed out of the ditch) as far as we went. As long as we were on the old track it wasn't too bad. Once we dropped off that it was pretty much impossible to move - nobody chained up though.

Sorry I missed it - looks like it was a beautiful day - and no shortage of snow!

I'm still trying to figure out a way to keep my cast dry for the Super Bowl Snow Run (visions of heavy-duty garbage bags and bungee cords), but I will be there.

Evan

the first time i got stuck, i stepped out of the cruiser and sunk mid thigh deep in snow. in several spots, it was almost to the top of my 36" tires (mostly in the drifts and by the side ditch). where i stopped before we turned around my bumper was pushing snow. i had a blast and i think everyone else did too. Graham gets sportsmanship of the day award. we worked on getting his 80 unstuck and out of the ditch for almost 2 hours. he never complained, or got frustrated (outwardly at least).

i had a blast. i know the kids had fun sledding while we got turned around.

It was truly an exercise in futility and fun at the same time! Here're some more pics:
IMG_2408.jpg

IMG_2403.jpg

IMG_2400.jpg

IMG_2399.jpg

IMG_2407.jpg

IMG_2406.jpg

IMG_2405.jpg

IMG_2404.jpg

IMG_2398.jpg

IMG_2397.jpg

IMG_2395.jpg

IMG_2393.jpg

IMG_2392-1.jpg

IMG_2404-1.jpg

Heading home:
headinghome_1.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent fun with a great bunch of people. I wish we had a pic of my driverside when I couldn't open the door and the snow was about 8 inches from my window.

Ditches are Deadly!

Graham

I can't get Ali's pictures, but he can. Who else does/doesn't?

I get Ali's pictures OK. He links them from photobucket. Do you know if that site is blocked in your firewall?

(Another photobucket link follows...)

IMG_2404-1.jpg

-Mike-

Here is the map of the "fun" part. Also, who has that picture of me in that off-camber section?

Jon

Last edited:
Here is the map of the "fun" part. Also, who has that picture of me in that off-camber part?

Jon

There were clearly 2 separate runs once we left the "main" road. The upper group with Shawn, me, Steve, Graham and the lower group with Ali, the heep and Bushrat. Matt and his bro were somehow in the middle. Kinda a strange day all in all...

There were clearly 2 separate runs once we left the "main" road. The upper group with Shawn, me, Steve, Graham and the lower group with Ali, the heep and Bushrat. Matt and his bro were somehow in the middle. Kinda a strange day all in all...

True. I was tail-gunning so that map is a bit deceiving. The lead trucks were several hundred yards ahead of me. I was way back.

Jon

Yep, it was the firewall at work. I got'em now.

Yeah, the first group made it to the corner. Last time that was kind of the threshold - once we topped that point we made better time. This time though if we could stay up on the old track we could make headways, but once we fell off it we were pretty much stuck. We were kind of at a stalemate until we all did the tug-of-war routine with about half of us on the rope pulling Greg's truck out, so he could turn around and winch Graham back onto the trail.

I think we mostly all got turned around okay, then I was happy to be made a liar out of when I said "watch - somebody will fall in the ditch on the way down" and nobody did. I was never so happy to be wrong, as it was kind of getting late...

A great day overall though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom