January 21 Snow Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bushrat, si.

I am planning to attend. It sounds like the mountains could get dumped on this weekend. If I-40's not closed so I can't get to town, I plan on going. Looking forward to it!

Evan

today i'm getting my battery tested so that i can go. i hope that is the problem.

today i'm getting my battery tested so that i can go. i hope that is the problem.

Shawn, you symptoms also sound alot like an "open" diode in your alternator, which allows current to drain back to the vehicle body from the battery. Might want to yank it off and have it tested also.

Shawn, you symptoms also sound alot like an "open" diode in your alternator, which allows current to drain back to the vehicle body from the battery. Might want to yank it off and have it tested also.

i have a battery switch. so no power except 1 wire to maintain computer memory should be getting out. the switch is working, i tested it first. i did leave the switch on once and the bat went dead. it was jumped and worked on that run and is a drycell, so it should be able to handle the drain once or twice. it's a new (less than 500 miles) alternator. not that i haven't seen a few new defective parts in my time.

i'll have the bat tested and check the PCM wire. that should find the problem. if not, i'll go further in to it. i just gotta find motivation to stand out there in the cold an work on my junk. :crybaby:

I'm in. Just need the when and where.

Graham

I'll be snowboarding at Angel Fire....:doh:

Not sure if you got my message last time Beo, but Ross is welcome on this trip too...

I just came back from Angel fire on Monday...very nice snow indeed!

I'll be snowboarding at Angel Fire....:doh:

Not sure if you got my message last time Beo, but Ross is welcome on this trip too...

Day trip or overnight?

(I must have missed the message last time Rory.)

-Mike-

it was the battery. tested bad and got a free new one under warranty. cruiser is already on the trailer from last time i didn't get to go, so she's ready. I'll be there!:bounce:

When?
Where?

from the earlier responses, looks like 5 rigs. do we want to hit the Cuba district again and try some route other than the last one?

say 9am at north portal? 10-10:30 at La Cueva (Fenton turn off from hwy 4)?

Cuba dist is prolly the best bet although I don't think we necessarily need a different route as each new storm makes it a new trail.

I might be able to go - depends on the snow. Might be a challenge getting to the ski run. If so, I may have to bail out and hit the powder that way...

I'll have to talk to the boss...

If it is the Cuba RD, can I suggest that we go through Cuba instead of Jemez? We would get to the spot quicker.

In addition, my wife's family lives in Cuba, so I could probably talk her into letting me go again this month if I can drop her off at her mom's on the way :)

Just a suggestion...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom