Events/Trails January 2023 Monthly Meeting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

brices123

GOLD Star
SILVER Star
Threads
Everyone/anyone is welcome.

January meeting will be January 20th, 2023.
Sonic/QT at 1106 East Broadway, Tempe.

Start time 7:30PM
End time ????

New members
Need ROTM volunteers
Looking for someone to plan the Classic Cruise 2023. See post here.
New t-shirts are here

Last edited:
I'm a definite maybe for attendance. I for sure want to attend one of these coming up, but I already had tentative plans on the 20th. I'll come if the plans fall through or I can push them until later at night. I need to get off my butt and show up to one of these someday.

Maybe.

I will be there putting alert in phone now. This will be the 2nd time ever to a meeting, mostly due to LC being down for awhile.

I should be there.

I remember you showed up in a 100, picked up the part and left. Was it your first time to the meeting?
Never been in a 100, but the later part might be true about the part

Should be able to make it.

I'm a definite maybe for attendance. I for sure want to attend one of these coming up, but I already had tentative plans on the 20th. I'll come if the plans fall through or I can push them until later at night. I need to get off my butt and show up to one of these someday.
I can't make it after all - unable to shake off my other commitment tonight. I guess attending my first meeting will have to wait at least another month. I'll get there one day!

Sorry I did not make it, was installing a new kitchen sink.

We ended up with 18 trucks last night, excellent turn out for a cold January.
I believe that @brices123 mentioned a recon trip to Red Creek. This is not a stocker friendly run and you can expect fester pinstriping and possibly hitting the buttom of your rig on rocks. Sliders make it less worrisome but we have had people dent trucks, due to not requesting a spotter or not following directions.
Radio requirement is Ham or GMRS.

Copper State Cruisers Monthly Phoenix Meeting Minutes
January 20, 2022 @ 7:30PM

New Members

ROTM
Note: Anyone who volunteers to organize/lead a ROTM will receive a limited edition retro CSC patch!

2023 Calendar

See Events/Trails - 2023 Calendar - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/2023-calendar.1302660/ for a calendar of important events upcoming this year (monthly meetings, events, known ROTMS, etc.) which will be updated regularly. If there's something you want to add to the calendar just comment on the thread or send @brices123 a DM.

Adopt-a-Trail

Years ago pre-Covid we "adopted" the back route to Mt. Ord but the trail has been so badly washed out it's impassible. We are not sure if this trail will be permanently closed soon or not? It's really too much maintenance or CSC to be responsible for at this point. We need to find a different local trail to adopt and maintain and will work to coordinate with TRAL on that item. CSC has also "adopted" Red Creek and will plan on doing a run of that soon (see Feb 11). We'd like to think about adopting another trail since Mt. Ord has not worked out. @brices123 to reach out to TRAL about this to see if they have any recommendations for other options in need of adopting.

SWAP Meet

A couple years ago we held a CSC Swap Meet where members could sell each other the gear, tools, parts, or any other items they've been hoarding that they don't need anymore. We are thinking of organizing another Swap Meet soon-- stay tuned for dates and location!

HAM Radio Licensing

The club strongly advocates that everyone who goes on runs with us work to obtain official HAM licensing so we can use it as trail comms. @LongDuck has a lot of study recourses and advice for going through this process, and it's surprisingly easy! Reach out to him for advice and keep an eye out on the forum for threads on group licensing efforts. We have so far fostered 22 people to obtain their HAM radio licenses! CSC has even been offering to reimburse any MEMBER for the cost of the HAM licensing test!

Inventory & Finance

T-shirts
- We have new (soft!) t-shirts in Steel Blue and also Black! They run a little small but look really good! See @Saddletramp if you're interested in one. $20 for a new shirt if you are already a member unless 2XL+ are $22.

Accounting - CSC coffers currently have approx. $3,700 after ordering the last round of T-Shirts and the Xmas party food.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom