January 12 Coastal Cruiser Meeting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Agenda Items For Next Thursday's CC Meeting:
- Nominations And Voting For Club Officers
- Discussing Possible Day Trip To Clear Creek This Month
- Cruiser Days Preliminary Discussions
- Ham Radio Course And Exam
- 2006 Dues Collections
- Great Raffle Prize: Red Rolling Tool Tray

Our First Meeting Of 2006 -- Be There! (come Early For A Fabulous Dinner At
Abc Restaurant)

Last edited:
Scalp said:
Agenda Items For Next Thursday's CC Meeting:
- Nominations And Voting For Club Officers
- Discussing Possible Day Trip To Clear Creek This Month
- Cruiser Days Preliminary Discussions
- Ham Radio Course And Exam
- 2006 Dues Collections
- Great Raffle Prize: Red Rolling Tool Tray

Our First Meeting Of 2006 -- Be There! (come Early For A Fabulous Dinner At
Abc Restaurant)

Working...so ya'll have fun.

Also...who is going to River Shiver from the club?

gb

Greg_B said:

gb

Maybe. Depends. Probably.

Hey Bill,
I will send my money for dues with my brother to the meeting.

Also River shiver, is all dependent on if I can be a copilot at the event, if I can get a ride down, and if I am not too busy at work.
So right now it is looking highly doubtfull.
Cheers,
Deny

Hi Denny::cool:
Good to hear from you, we are glad you are to remain a member of CC. Now that your brother is back, I'd still like to visit your dad's place sometime to see his B.D. outfit. Take care,
~Bill

Last edited:
Re: Meeting Jan 12:
Bring your vhf radios to the meeting so we can inventory what resourses we have available for use out in the bush. I have asked Ron Kolody, a high profile Ham professional, to address the club if possible. I haven't heard back from him yet. If he comes, he can give us a lot of good advice.
~Bill :banana:

Last edited:
Deny said:
Hey Bill,
I will send my money for dues with my brother to the meeting.

Also River shiver, is all dependent on if I can be a copilot at the event, if I can get a ride down, and if I am not too busy at work.
So right now it is looking highly doubtfull.
Cheers,
Deny

Is jim back already?

crawlin cruiser said:
Is jim back already?

Yep around australia in record time. :cool:

By the way, Is your double arm for sale yet Dan?

JIm

Greg_B said:
\

I'm going to say this very quietly so as not to jinx it:

me.

:D

Guest Speaker January 12 CC meeting

OK, Ron Kolody, VE7 BGK, will come to our CC meeting Jan 12 and answer our questions about getting our Ham qualifications and how to deal with road accident emergency communications. Bring your radios and think about questions you may want to ask, such as frequencies we might use in certain areas. Ron is an instructor at Quantlin College, author of the Ham Basic Study Guide, and a highly experienced Ham operator. He is also an authorized examiner for the Ham test; he administered mine.
By the way, his 12 year old daughter has ADVANCED Ham standing, more than most of us will probably ever have (except Garry Broeckling that is).
So, be there!
~Bill :beer:

Last edited:
I was going to try and get 4 hours off work to attend, to talk business, however we are short shifted right now, and I could not get the time...

1) Allstone has offered to head up the Cruiser Daze 2006. I think he did a bang up job last year, and I vote for him to lead it again. I believe he has contacted Bill and renewed his membership for 2006.

2) I think we need to continue having this show as a show/shine, vender showcase (paying booths), and I wonder if dealerships would be interested in putting up booths. Nothing wrong with a swap meet going on too. I would think if you want to sell anything, you should pay up and go in the swap section though...but this is opening discussion...

3) Anyone know the legalities of forming satellite clubs for the Coastal Cruisers? I keep on running onto people in the Valley who are interested in the club, but do not want to 1 hour drive ++ every month to Richmond. Looks like we have a new member from the Island. I know there are lots of Cruisers there. Might be a location for a satellite club too. Anyway, thrown out for discussion, as I think we could have a lot more members if a Valley chapter was in place.

Ya'll have fun tonight! I'll catch you for the dues next time round Bill.

gb

Last edited:
River Shiver

bj70_guy said:
I'm going to say this very quietly so as not to jinx it:

me.

:D

Me too!

gb

Greg_B said:
3) Anyone know the legalities of forming satellite clubs for the Coastal Cruisers? I keep on running onto people in the Valley who are interested in the club, but do not want to 1 hour drive ++ every month to Richmond. Looks like we have a new member from the Island. I know there are lots of Cruisers there. Might be a location for a satellite club too. Anyway, thrown out for discussion, as I think we could have a lot more members if a Valley chapter was in place.

gb

Now that interests me. I can't justify the 5 hour trip (one way) down to the city for the meeting. But I might make an island or a sunshine coast club meeting.

Mike

expat said:
Now that interests me. I can't justify the 5 hour trip (one way) down to the city for the meeting. But I might make an island or a sunshine coast club meeting.

Mike

well if there's enough people out in the valley..or up the coast..who have 'yotas ..why not just make another TLCA Chapter club?

just thought....

Yeah, greg, what Jeff said,
It worked for the Swamp Donkeys, and that way if people still want to be a Coastal Cruiser, they can, but it gives a local Identity. Course you need some one really dedicated like Charla to start a club, because there is a lot of stuff involved. More than just getting a few guys together anyway.
Cheers,
Deny

Well, I was envisioning something like:

Coastal Cruisers: Vancouver Chapter
Coastal Cruisers: Van Island Chapter
Coastal Cruisers: Valley Chapter

All are Coastal oriented. There is power in numbers (we all use this forum). We all help with Cruizer Daze. We all go on runs together. We have meetings on different weeks, so someone who wants to make a trip to meet and greet can. We each have our own board, but work together though our common name.

I dunno...

Free range chatting...

gb

Scalp said:
:grinpimp: We have a new member in Coastal Cruisers: Steve Shulhan from Victoria. You can see pictures of his '90 HDJ81 rig at the following;
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=74358
Welcome Steve, glad to have you aboard.

Thanks for the welcome Bill. I met some of you at Cruiser Days 2005 which was my introduction to the club.

Living on the Island, I won't be able to attend most club meetings but do hope to participate in some club events.

As the number of Island members increases we may be fortunate to find someone with the time and energy to organize a satellite chapter, which over time, could evolve into a seperate TLCA chapter. It may take quite some time until there are enough Island members to even consider a satellite chapter.

-Steve

COASTAL CRUISER MEETING JANUARY 12, 2006

We met for supper at the fabulous ABC Restaurant and most agreed that the servers have definitely improved. As for the food, nobody as yet has reported symptoms of Gastroenteritis/Irritable Bowel Syndrome, although time will for sure tell.

Members present at the meeting were: Jeff S, Chris H, Thomas M, Mike McT, Jan H, Rod McD, Garry C, Phil S, Rob Millson, Marcin C, Jonathan C, Bruce D, Paul K, Steve Tetu, Martin S, Dan M, Jim & Lindsay C, Barry P, Mike N, Ian B, and Bill W.

Visitors were: Phil’s two daughters, Clarence Giesbrecht, and Ron Kolody.

CC Officers for 2006 are as follows:
President – Steve Tetu
Vice President – Rod McDonald
Treasurer – Rob Millson
Secretary – Nils Kuerten
Cruiser Days Coordinator – Allstone Huang
Road Trip Coordinator – Bruce Davie
Membership Coordinator – Bill Wilkinson

CLEAR CREEK TRIP January 28, 06. Meet at the Ultra Fuels gas station in the Harrison Hotsprings resort town site at 9:00 am sharp. Yes, that’s early, and the guys from Vancouver will have to get up pretty early to make it on time. Some hardy souls will camp overnight although most will only stay for the day. The plan is for everybody to take one plastic garbage can and a few bags, and we will clean up the garbage and broken beer bottles that litter the Clear Creek site. Clarence Giesbrecht has made up a sign showing we did the cleanup and we hope other visitors will respect keeping that way. If anyone has a chainsaw, bring it to cut firewood.

CLUB DUES for most of us are being collected now, so let’s complete it at the next meeting. $25. for renewal, $35. new members.

NEW MEMBERS: Clarence Giesbrecht drives a sweet intercooled HDJ81.
Steve Shulhan from Victoria also drives a HDJ 81.
Ian Bagot & Sandy Polnau signed up at Christmas Party.

Jim & Lindsay Chramosta are back from their honeymoon Cruiser crawl around Australia. They will post some pictures and a description, but first they are going to Ft. St. John this coming week to look for jobs.
Also, Rod McDonald has upgraded his FJ40 with spring over, new 16" wheels, and 35" BFG Mud Terrain rubber, and a theft alarm system. Nice wheels Rod.

RON KOLODY, high profile Ham Radio Operator, writer, instructor, examiner, and 4 wheeler spoke for an hour to the club about operating radios and getting your Basic Ham Certification. He is willing to put on a course if enough people are interested. It would cost about $75. each, the text is $26. , and Ron offers the Ham Certification Test at the end.
Those interested in taking the course were Steve Tetu, Rod McDonald, Ian Bagot, Jeff Steiger, Marcin Cichy, Jan Hedmark, Bruce Davie, and Bill Wilkinson. Anyone else interested should contact Bill Wilkinson. Non-members Wai Liu & Petra N may also be interested.

CLUB RAFFLE - The rolling tool tray was won by Jim Chramosta, the 60 series tail light lenses and pedal covers by Phil Senger, the safety harness by Steve Tetu, the Cruiser Emblem by Rod McDonald, and the nifty ice scraper by Clarence Giesbrecht although he didn’t take it home!

The meeting broke up around 10:00 pm and a rusty diesel-burning array of Land Cruisers drifted off into the drizzly night while the 737s roared overhead to meet their destiny at YVR.

~Bill

Last edited:
Hi Bill,

I am also interested in Ron Kolody's course. To me, it is a must. :)

... looking forward to the year....

Bruce Davie
A2B

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom