JAN ROTM: Rug Road > Turkey Creek Jan 13-14 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

they are coming out of Northern California. LA doesn't stock them - I am being told we should receive them Friday. Looking for a backup plan just in case (unlikely)

they are coming out of Northern California. LA doesn't stock them - I am being told we should receive them Friday. Looking for a backup plan just in case (unlikely)
No worries if they don't make it here. I don't think my stretched one will break while engaged & running slow and I would take it off before the high speed run back home.

I am out.
Just been informed, copper has slowed and I am going to be hauling Magnetite out of some place near Silver City.:(

Looking forward to this trip, it will be a long day of wheeling but the scenery is grist as is the destination Saturday afternoon. Perfect weather for the weekend.

See most of you Saturday

IMG_1004.PNG

So is anyone camping in Mammoth Friday night?

I think one of the Tucson guys was coming up. @ARJMN postedbhe was coming Friday night for camping

Brice and I will be going in at Klondyke, then in the morning I will drive around to Mammouth for the 0900 meet.

#dont forget the tortillas

Coming down for the run early Saturday morning:

@murf
@D1EZEL
@ftbshop
@Funner with wife and trailer
@Abigail with CJ as co-pilot
@Cruddz if he doesn't drive down for Friday night camping
@ProBro

Camping Friday night in Mammouth:

@Stepmurr. #dont forget the tortillas
@ARJMN
@Garrissey but he may just meet at the starting point

Camping Friday night in Klondyke:

@brices123 with Tina
Saddletramp will drive to meet up spot in Mammouth Saturday morning and leave trailer at campsite with Brice

Camping only on Saturday:

@Wilma83
@Otter
@D_Web

Hopefully I haven't missed anyone. If your plans change please post up so people aren't waiting or worrying.

Coming down for the run early Saturday morning:

@murf
@D1EZEL
@ftbshop
@Funner with wife and trailer
@Abigail with CJ as co-pilot
@Cruddz if he doesn't drive down for Friday night camping
@ProBro

Camping Friday night in Mammouth:

@Stepmurr. #dont forget the tortillas
@ARJMN
@Garrissey but he may just meet at the starting point

Camping Friday night in Klondyke:

@brices123 with Tina
Saddletramp will drive to meet up spot in Mammouth Saturday morning and leave trailer at campsite with Brice

Camping only on Saturday:

@Wilma83
@Otter
@D_Web

Hopefully I haven't missed anyone. If your plans change please post up so people aren't waiting or worrying.

Marta and I will be meeting the group down in Mammouth along the Copper Creek Rd on Saturday. If the trailer becomes an impediment to the trail run we will just bail out and head back out and around the other route to the campsite.

thanks Saddletramp for laying it out! If anyone would like my cell, PM me

Looks like niced sized group of 11 trucks for the Rug Road trail run. Bring your HAM radio - I will bring an extra handheld for anyone that doesn't have one. Saddletramp, do you have an extra you can also bring?

Ill see the valley folks at the Gold Canyon Chevron - I will be there about 6:50am. The second meeting spot will be in Mammoth gassing up at the circle K around 8:40 then driving over to the trailhead to prepare to head out for an epic weekend!

And for the love of God, Red Steve: #dontforgetthetortillas!! ;):hillbilly: (Ill bring the c-clips if they come in today)

All of my meal planning for this run is based on the tortillas.

(But I'll have my own as some backup... Sad, disappointing backup)

thanks Saddletramp for laying it out! If anyone would like my cell, PM me

Looks like niced sized group of 11 trucks for the Rug Road trail run. Bring your HAM radio - I will bring an extra handheld for anyone that doesn't have one. Saddletramp, do you have an extra you can also bring?

Ill see the valley folks at the Gold Canyon Chevron - I will be there about 6:50am. The second meeting spot will be in Mammoth gassing up at the circle K around 8:40 then driving over to the trailhead to prepare to head out for an epic weekend!

And for the love of God, Red Steve: #dontforgetthetortillas!! ;):hillbilly: (Ill bring the c-clips if they come in today)
I have 30 Mission white corn soft tortillas and picked up two dozen fresh flour tortillas from our local panaderia.

Bakery will be open tomorrow morning if anyone wants more or sweet rolls and whatnots. I think the restaurant will also be open.

Looking forward to a night of camping.

Graham and I will probably leave around 10am or so, that way he can catch a nap on the way down.

I would never turn down sweet rolls.

Oh yeah - there is road construction on hiway 77 just outside of (North of) Mammoth. I don't"t know if they will be working on Saturday.

Last edited:
Oh yeah - there is road construction on hiway 77 just outside of (North of) Mammoth. I don't"t know if they will be working on Saturday.
GOT 'EM!

CLIP.jpg

Brice's and I are headed out about 12:30 and should get to camp about 430-5. Alvis should be about an hour or two behind us. You might catch him at the Klondyke turn off or on the trail.

@Garrissey if you come up from I-10 near Wilcox it is all dirt to Mammouth. If you come from l-10 up through Sanford to a Thatcher and Pima then you would turn west on the Klondyke road. When you get to the T-junction turn right and stay on the road all the way through the visitors center. M

Look at the maps that Brice sent out. One is Gaia and you need that app or the other is google maps I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom