James McMurtry (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bodean

Hot Damn
Threads
James McMurtry (choctaw bingo) will be at Hal & Mals on Wed June 1st. Who's in? Meeee!

James McMurtry (choctaw bingo) will be at Hal & Mals on Wed June 1st. Who's in? Meeee!

going, hope the ac is working!

I wouldn't recommend trying to get up close and personal with him between sets. He's an egotistical ahole who makes JJW seem like Mr. Personality in comparison. Also a bit to the left of Michael Moore politically.

I recognize the song because Sheila, Clutchee and Greg really start cutting down when it comes on in the Snake Farm. I had no clue who sang it.

Wed night....I might be able to get a sitter and drag the Tooth Fairy out for some tunes.

YouTube - James McMurtry "Choctaw Bingo"

Jes has an in with the promoter. Venue may move to Fire, which is rumored to be trying to become a grown up bar.

Saw him in Saint Louis on this tour really good. If the Bottle Rockets are opening bring ear plugs they play WAY TOO LOUD.
I have met him after shows more than once found him to be pleasant and aproachable both times. New album will be great the cuts he previews are fantastic.

Tickets go on sale April 15. I've been asked to feed BBQ to James and his crew so if CottonLand would like to do a pre-party at me casa, I'm sure we can work something out. James won't be there but there will be ribs, beers and Choctaw Bingo.

I have met him after shows more than once found him to be pleasant and aproachable both times. New album will be great the cuts he previews are fantastic.

McMurtry lives in my town, and in my neighborhood. He's been here since way before he became well known. I've encountered him in non-performance settings and talked to him on many occasions. In Austin, he's a well known smug a-hole, and that isn't just my opinion. I've attended a couple of his CD release events and he does manage to display some charm when he's hawking a new album. That's his job. The rest of the time he's something else entirely.

That has nothing to do with his music or live shows. I never said he isn't entertaining. You go to enjoy the show, not to bask in the glow of his warm personality. :cheers:

McMurtry lives in my town, and in my neighborhood. He's been here since way before he became well known. I've encountered him in non-performance settings and talked to him on many occasions. In Austin, he's a well known smug a-hole, and that isn't just my opinion. I've attended a couple of his CD release events and he does manage to display some charm when he's hawking a new album. That's his job. The rest of the time he's something else entirely.

i'm gonna tell him you said that.

Sea Knight doesn't know s*** about food either.....

I am convinced that we can turn any thread we start into a "hate fest" LOL!

i'm gonna tell him you said that.

Go right ahead. He knows who I am. Or did.

You should buy Greg's historic 62. I bet he'd deliver it to Billy's for ya. :)

I do know Tex-Mex, and Chipotle ain't Tex-Mex. :cheers:

Do I know you?

Lolo is a long time 62 owner from Austin. And a musician. And an outdoorswoman. She's on the hunt for a new ride.

I'd be honored to make an introduction. :grinpimp:

Lolo is a long time 62 owner from Austin. And a musician. And an outdoorswoman. She's on the hunt for a new ride.

I'd be honored to make an introduction. :grinpimp:

nope, not officially. round up, maybe..

i'm just lusting after your truck.

Holy shark farts Greg! She sounds polar opposite of that other chick.

And she's lusting after your only possesion of any value... Lolo, Greg would like to invite you to James McMurtry, in Jackson, MS on June 1. You're welcome Greg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom