SOLD James Baroud Grand Raid XXL, California (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm selling my James Baroud Grand Raid XXL tent. I've had it for about 6 months now. It's in very good condition.
Asking-$2600

If you've never looked into a hard shell RTT because you thought they only fit 2 people comfortably and that they eliminated your additional roof rack cargo space, look again. This tent is huge! 64" internal width and 89" long. That fits 3 people with ease and can fit 2 adults and 2 small kids. It also has storage (60#) on top of the tent with 6 tie down loops. I used a roof rack storage back and kept it full of seldom used gear up there. No need to remove it, the tent struts are heavy duty and will hold it up even with the tent open.

The biggest benefit of the tent is opening/closing ease. The tent takes about 1 minute to open, for me, on top of my 80. Undo 4 latches and the struts pop the tent up fully. Grab the ladder from inside, extend it and hook it to either side and you're done. Ready to sleep.

Closing is about 2 1/2 minutes, for me. Collapse the ladder, toss it in the tent and leave the windows open halfway. Pull the front down first, hook the 2 latches then stand on back and pull the back down. The back struts are pretty stiff but once you pull them down they allow you to hook the rear latches, tuck any fabric in and clamp the rear latches closed. That's it.

Sleeping inside is unparalleled. Seriously, this is like a penthouse suite in the middle of nowhere.
-high density 3" mattress with removable water resistant cover is super comfortable
-aluminized poly waterproof walls insulate when it's cold and reflect heat when it's hot
-solar powered fan with 2 blades, will run all night and keeps condensation out
-rechargeable removeable LED
-huge ceiling storage net for clothes, etc
-4 Velcro side pockets
Seriously this is the warmest, most comfortable tent I've slept in. I've added Thermarest Ridgerest SoLite padding below the mattress to increase comfort and warmth too. Wind is also virtually a non-factor too due to the design and shape of the tent. All this makes a great night sleep.

External dimensions:
64.5" wide
89.5" long
13.5" height
Weight 160 lbs

I also upgraded the dismal ladder that came with the tent with a locking, collapsible ladder similar to a Tepui ladder.

Asking-$2600
I'm based in Santa Cruz looking for local pickup and could be willing to meet halfway to sell within reason. No plan to ship. Feel free to PM or post if you're interested or have questions, Thanks!

IMG_4677.JPG

IMG_4690.JPG
IMG_2212.JPG
IMG_2329.JPG
IMG_1742.JPG

Last edited:
outstanding Im heading from east to left coast in a couple weeks If you still have it Ill pick it up. Im not digging the idea of 6-7k mile 45 day trip with a large mt rainier on top of an already tall wide heavy rig.

I'm really interested...but I may need to run it past the boss...

I'll be in SC to drop my older youngun at the college there I'm a couple weeks, so I could pick up then, if not sooner.

Both PM'd

I'm selling my James Baroud Grand Raid XXL tent. I've had it for about 6 months now. It's in very good condition.
Asking-$2750

If you've never looked into a hard shell RTT because you thought they only fit 2 people comfortably and that they eliminated your additional roof rack cargo space, look again. This tent is huge! 64" internal width and 89" long. That fits 3 people with ease and can fit 2 adults and 2 small kids. It also has storage (60#) on top of the tent with 6 tie down loops. I used a roof rack storage back and kept it full of seldom used gear up there. No need to remove it, the tent struts are heavy duty and will hold it up even with the tent open.

The biggest benefit of the tent is opening/closing ease. The tent takes about 1 minute to open, for me, on top of my 80. Undo 4 latches and the struts pop the tent up fully. Grab the ladder from inside, extend it and hook it to either side and you're done. Ready to sleep.

Closing is about 2 1/2 minutes, for me. Collapse the ladder, toss it in the tent and leave the windows open halfway. Pull the front down first, hook the 2 latches then stand on back and pull the back down. The back struts are pretty stiff but once you pull them down they allow you to hook the rear latches, tuck any fabric in and clamp the rear latches closed. That's it.

Sleeping inside is unparalleled. Seriously, this is like a penthouse suite in the middle of nowhere.
-high density 3" mattress with removable water resistant cover is super comfortable
-aluminized poly waterproof walls insulate when it's cold and reflect heat when it's hot
-solar powered fan with 2 blades, will run all night and keeps condensation out
-rechargeable removeable LED
-huge ceiling storage net for clothes, etc
-4 Velcro side pockets
Seriously this is the warmest, most comfortable tent I've slept in. I've added Thermarest Ridgerest SoLite padding below the mattress to increase comfort and warmth too. Wind is also virtually a non-factor too due to the design and shape of the tent. All this makes a great night sleep.

External dimensions:
64.5" wide
89.5" long
13.5" height
Weight 160 lbs

I also upgraded the dismal ladder that came with the tent with a locking, collapsible ladder similar to a Tepui ladder.

Asking-$2750
I'm based in Santa Cruz looking for local pickup and could be willing to meet halfway to sell within reason. No plan to ship. Feel free to PM or post if you're interested or have questions, Thanks!

View attachment 1525124

View attachment 1525126 View attachment 1525129 View attachment 1525130 View attachment 1525131
It appears I have a buyer for my CVT mt rainier I just bought and dint even install at any rate If I do sell it can I give you a large depsoit and the balance when I arrive. if we do this Ill beel ine it to cali as Ill have no tent only a roof roack also real quik whats the mounting to rack llok like?? I built my rack to hold a CVT I may need to mod it.

you'll want three bars minimum. it has a channel on the bottom that holds the head of the screws.
It covers up your sunroof hole completely.

I'm 6'4" and I swear I have more room in it than I do in the Cal King at home.

It appears I have a buyer for my CVT mt rainier I just bought and dint even install at any rate If I do sell it can I give you a large depsoit and the balance when I arrive. if we do this Ill beel ine it to cali as Ill have no tent only a roof roack also real quik whats the mounting to rack llok like?? I built my rack to hold a CVT I may need to mod it.

you'll want three bars minimum. it has a channel on the bottom that holds the head of the screws.
It covers up your sunroof hole completely.

I'm 6'4" and I swear I have more room in it than I do in the Cal King at home.

Thanks @PabloVTA for the info. Yes @RFB there's 2 channels that run the length of the tent (front to rear) on the bottom. Roughly 30" apart. Similar to most of RTTs. Post a picture of your rack.

Nice! I wish this popped up in another month or so. I have two smaller ones and was looking at upgrading to a larger one.

Nice! I wish this popped up in another month or so. I have two smaller ones and was looking at upgrading to a larger one.

Yeah we slept me, my wife, our 5 year old and 9 month old and it worked good. We mainly used it on our Utah trip last spring where we traveled daily and setup camp somewhere new each night. we tried to make it as easy as possible on us and the JB definitely did that.

Not sold. But no plans to ship.

Post Labor Day Bump.

Please, someone get this great tent at a great price. If you were east coast I would be all over this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom