Jacob off road products (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody running their ignition parts? How do you like them? Any problems? mIKE

I bought and ran their Omni Magnum coil and igniter as well as their plug wires quite a few years ago. My thinking was maybe it would give my 2F a little extra go, especially after reading all their claims.
To be honest I didn't notice any real improvement.
The set up never gave me any trouble but you need to leave your coil and igniter installed as it gets it's timing signal from it.
I removed all of the Jacobs stuff as i'm going through a restoration back to stock.
I have been meaning to put the Jacobs coil setup and wires in the classifieds.

I ran a Omni coil in my 60 before I rebuilt the engine for a few years. I went back to my stock coil after the rebuild. I don't see any reason to run ignition parts on the 2F. I would save your money.

We have them on our 1982 fj40.We have had no problems,but im not sure it is any better than stock.We will leave them until there is a problem. Mike

Jacobs has had multiple run-ins with various District Attorneys across the country for False Advertising and related problems.
All two of the Jacobs ignition box products that I've encountered caused weird ignition problems that magically disappeared when they were removed.

I wouldn't bother with just a coil upgrade. Are you looking for this for your 60 or 62? For the 62 I can recommend either the MSD "stacker" add on ignition box (available from Summit Racing) or the DUI ignition (available from Man-a-fre) with an upgraded coil. I've run both and both provide a small but noticeable gain on a 3FE (assuming the engine is in decent shape, nothing is going to help a tire engine with bad compression, loose valves...). I'm currently running the DUI with an MSD high vibration coil (had to switch from the MSD because my J&S Safeguard knocksensor isn't compatible with a CD style ignition system).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom