For Sale Jackson, FL (King's Chariot) - 2006, $28.5,133,000mi (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Outside Link
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/ctd/d/2006-toyota-land-cruiser-exceptional/7201416435.html
I know the market is a bit irregular now, but can someone verify for me if King's Chariot actually get what they ask for their LCs and LXs? Last week these guys had a halfway built out 80 series (don't remember the year) with 268,000 on the clock listed at $29,000. The truck is now gone, but surely someone didn't pay that figure - no way, right?

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser Exceptional Southern No Rust - cars &...
00u0u_gVWHdQGdqGn_0gw0b1_600x450.jpg

Sigh. This is a common misunderstanding - flipping is not capitalism it is arbitrage. Look it up.
While not illegal arbitrage is morally questionable at best.

Every car dealer would technically be a “flipper” buy low and sell for more $- this is retail business model in general.

Last edited:
Every flipper thinks they have it all figured out. They've got some new angle that the public hasn't seen before.
It's comical.

================================

When you guys/gals see any of these flippers slithering around Mud, don't be afraid to call them out. They're using this forum for commercial gain. It's not fair to businesses who pay fees to keep the lights on here.

And, of course, there will be the dummies who don't understand the damage flippers do to a car hobby. Which is a sad fact that has been repeated over and over and over.

Higher insurance rates.
More taxes.
Harder to find parts. More expensive parts.
Increased theft.
More difficult for new hobbyists to get involved.
Flippers attract more flippers. Rinse and repeat.
I think this is a pretty fair point. I bought my LX a little over a year ago. First time with a cruiser. If the prices then were anywhere near what they've climbed to now, there's no way I would've gotten into it. Prices are pretty unrealistic now and I don't think it's sustainable.

I think this is a pretty fair point. I bought my LX a little over a year ago. First time with a cruiser. If the prices then were anywhere near what they've climbed to now, there's no way I would've gotten into it. Prices are pretty unrealistic now and I don't think it's sustainable.

I agree to a point @Beto Cruiser but I also see a side to this Hobby as an addiction/affliction for some and a source of aspiration to some others. Most of us on here, worked for what we own/owned. I for one, used MUD to research the piss out of what I could afford. Timing can be a bitch. 🤔

Car Flipper & Ticket Scalper

Cut from the same rotten piece of rancid meat...

Aren’t all used car dealers essentially flippers??? I mean that’s why you’re offered such a small amount on a trade in and their prices are accepted as being higher than private party values.
The 80 and 100 series market is rich right now but I think that’s only the case for lower and average condition trucks. The truly mint low mileage examples should pull a premium just like most vehicles with a strong enthusiast base and stellar reputation. As is the case with classic cars, the buyer needs to know what to look for or they are at risk of over paying.
A Stock $20k+ 100 series with 250k miles.... Not a good buy imo

Because this is an enthusiast/owner forum and independent dealers coming on here promote their overpriced flips is Generally not a welcome tactic or mode of forum participation.

Last edited:
I followed the King's Chariot examples while lurking here as well as I was attempting to build my case/justification, for getting off the fence about making a mall crawler LX 100 series a possible replacement from a recent totaled Excursion. @mario65 and his mates are putting together some serious contenders for their wealthy clients. They gave me glimpses of bits and pieces I wanted to use on a future build. I know opinions are like :deadhorse: holes and life isn't fair but those of us on here have made great decisions on great equipment for our enjoyment. Some choose to take these machines to the next level for a client list that grows from word of mouth past performance while rolling profits into their next project and feeding their families in the process.:cool:

Every flipper thinks they have it all figured out. They've got some new angle that the public hasn't seen before.
It's comical.

When you guys/gals see any of these flippers slithering around Mud, don't be afraid to call them out. They're using this forum for commercial gain. It's not fair to businesses who pay fees to keep the lights on here.

And, of course, there will be the dummies who don't understand the damage flippers do to a car hobby. Which is a sad fact that has been repeated over and over and over.

Higher insurance rates.
More taxes.
Increased theft.

KC is very involved locally. You’re bashing a company with assumptions that you know nothing about. They donate to missions, have given away vehicles to people in need payed for a local MTB trail and are very helpful and involved to the local overland scene in Jax Fl. They’ve reached out and brought a lot of people into the scene here locally and dressed up their vehicles for them at prices no one in town can beat. Yes some stock vehicles are priced high in comparison to the average CL cruiser. Their vehicles are nothing close to average you get why you pay for. As far as builds once you figure the retail cost of all the accessories, parts, labor and a clean vehicle to start with they aren’t far off. They also aren’t on here posting their vehicles for sale or posting by owner. Just trying to stand up for a family owned business who keeps getting bashed by people who have never dealt with or even seen them or their builds in person. It’s pretty simple. If you don’t agree with they’re pricing don’t buy from them. There’s plenty of people who do and like these guys.
It's comical.

Higher insurance rates.
More taxes.
Increased theft.

:yawn:

Freeloading flippers crawling around on Mud gonna get called out. Don't like it? Take it up with forum management.

KC is very involved locally. You’re bashing a company with assumptions that you know nothing about. They donate to missions, have given away vehicles to people in need payed for a local MTB trail and are very helpful and involved to the local overland scene in Jax Fl. They’ve reached out and brought a lot of people into the scene here locally and dressed up their vehicles for them at prices no one in town can beat. Yes some stock vehicles are priced high in comparison to the average CL cruiser. Their vehicles are nothing close to average you get why you pay for. As far as builds once you figure the retail cost of all the accessories, parts, labor and a clean vehicle to start with they aren’t far off. They also aren’t on here posting their vehicles for sale or posting by owner. Just trying to stand up for a family owned business who keeps getting bashed by people who have never dealt with or even seen them or their builds in person. It’s pretty simple. If you don’t agree with they’re pricing don’t buy from them. There’s plenty of people who do and like these guys.

Says the guy who joined today.

I am afraid that if the next LC comes to market with a V6 or a V6 Hybrid our V8 Cruisers will become even more valuable. It is strange how similar this used Land Cruiser market has become like the Rolex market. It seems as new prices reach dizzy heights, the older models go up in price. Many folks see paying $5 or $10k "too much" as their opportunity to get into a shrinking market. I paid in the teens for a low mile 100 four years ago. At the time, that was $4 or $5k over book values. That purchase has paid off. I just bought another low mile 100 that was much more expensive but even nicer than my 2002. I feel good knowing I paid up for what I wanted, but if the market crashes then I guess I still have the trucks to enjoy for a long time. Flippers and retailers push the envelope to the upper edge. They probably hook a few monied buyers but often probably discount in the end. The good news for all of us is that this hype and price escalation seems to be bringing more and more units to the forefront which means more supply and potentially lower prices. I think there are more out there than we know and I bet they start popping up. Sounds like we need to start looking in Arizona :)

I am afraid that if the next LC comes to market with a V6 or a V6 Hybrid our V8 Cruisers will become even more valuable. It is strange how similar this used Land Cruiser market has become like the Rolex market. It seems as new prices reach dizzy heights, the older models go up in price. Many folks see paying $5 or $10k "too much" as their opportunity to get into a shrinking market. I paid in the teens for a low mile 100 four years ago. At the time, that was $4 or $5k over book values. That purchase has paid off. I just bought another low mile 100 that was much more expensive but even nicer than my 2002. I feel good knowing I paid up for what I wanted, but if the market crashes then I guess I still have the trucks to enjoy for a long time. Flippers and retailers push the envelope to the upper edge. They probably hook a few monied buyers but often probably discount in the end. The good news for all of us is that this hype and price escalation seems to be bringing more and more units to the forefront which means more supply and potentially lower prices. I think there are more out there than we know and I bet they start popping up. Sounds like we need to start looking in Arizona :)

Don’t forget Denver. Also, I’ve seen more lx470s in rich mountain towns in North Carolina than anywhere else in my life...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom