Jack Placement For Shackle Removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.grantsloop.com
Where do I place the jack to relieve the pressure off of the spring pack? The bolts move easily enough (they are not stuck in there or anything) It's just the weight displacement isn't correct.

Where do I place the jack to relieve the pressure off of the spring pack? The bolts move easily enough (they are not stuck in there or anything) It's just the weight displacement isn't correct.

lift the truck off of the axle, then place jack stands under the frame

I was able to beat the old shackle out with a BFH. I am jacking it up by placing the jack on the frame behind the wheel, placing a jack stand there adn then jacking it up on the frame in front of the wheel and placing a jack stand there. The spring eye won't come off the frame eye. The shackles are about five inches long so I need to figure out how to get five inches of space between those two eyes. Right now, there is zero space between them. I have jacked it up in every possible way I can think of and still no difference. What am I doing wrong?

use a long pry bar to pull the spring down(1-2" is easly done this way), or some big blocks of wood under the jack stands and use your jack to move the axle up or down.

I have always jacked the front end up until the tires come off the ground. Place a jack stand on each side and then place the floor jack under the axle and lift until there is no pressure on the springs. I you are lifting it up until the tire comes off the ground and it is still not droping then something else is holding it up as stated. The shock, sway bar, something. If the tires are off the ground it has to be pulling down on the springs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom