Wanted Jack handle pieces (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Michael B

SILVER Star
Threads
I need the hooked end of the jack handle and the crank for my 78' 45.

Thanks,
Michael B <><

I bought the hooked piece from my local dealer not too long ago.
As for the crank handle, not sure where to get one. I am looking for one as well.

I took Jack’s advice and ordered the complete jack handle from my local dealership. This is what I received when we ordered it for a 78’ FJ40. I’m pretty sure the crank is for a newer vehicle but I don’t know about the other two pieces. They will at least work even if they are not period correct. Maybe Bill @wscbill can shed some light the subject?

23E97022-ABAF-41B0-9325-32ABD890E539.jpeg
9AF3C694-7533-4F82-B0D0-30F87CCD1DFF.jpeg
BF37DB02-C2EC-49F0-986D-B677A5EBD4E3.jpeg
5D182F91-184A-4DC5-AFEE-96D0D3BF9B6A.jpeg

Nolen I ordered them last week so they are definitely still available. I tried to get a clear picture of the part numbers so others might use them. With our club discount at the local dealership it was about $56.00 with tax.

I took Jack’s advice and ordered the complete jack handle from my local dealership. This is what I received when we ordered it for a 78’ FJ40. I’m pretty sure the crank is for a newer vehicle but I don’t know about the other two pieces. They will at least work even if they are not period correct. Maybe Bill @wscbill can shed some light the subject?

View attachment 1696607 View attachment 1696608 View attachment 1696609 View attachment 1696610

Those are the contemporary versions of the earlier jack handle and rods. They work in terms of function to raise/lower the jack. Not sure that the shorter extension (09114-60032) will fit in the FJ45 jack rod clips.

Was the 78 the last year of the yellow cast jack and handle? Doesn't surprise me Toyota sells these as a replacement for the earlier style. Prime example is the amber bib lights that were used in 68/69 being the replacememt for the earlier bib lights used from 58-67 on cruisers imported to the US.

Is the crank handle you got solid or hollow? I collected a number of parts over the years. Think the one I got from a 94 80 series was hollow.

Did the 78 still have the engine starting crank handle? Thought it was interesting they dropped it in the FJ40 but had it in the FJ45LP-B. Makes it nice having a place for the handle when I replace the spare tire carrier for the modern version with a winch.

The crank handle is hollow. I do have the spare tire let down rod/engine crank handle. I’m not certain if 78’ was the last year for yellow paint.

The crank handle is hollow

I just looked at my 60 series jack handle, it's a stamped piece with a hollow tube for a handle. Painted yellow would look a lot more like the yellow cast ones used in the 40 series. My guess if you got one from a dealer would be just like the you just purchased. Used might be easier to find than the cast one.

Dug up a picture of my 89 FJ62 tool kit and it has the tube style handle. Not sure of the year of the one from the FJ60 or when the changed happened.

Last edited:

View attachment 1696607 View attachment 1696608 View attachment 1696609 View attachment 1696610
Thanks for posting the images with part numbers. These are still available from Toyota. For example click here to see #09115-35040 Did these fit into your rod brackets for your 1978 FJ40? I have OEM 1976 brackets and wondering if these brackets are same As your 78.

Thanks for posting the images with part numbers. These are still available from Toyota. For example click here to see #09115-35040 Did these fit into your rod brackets for your 1978 FJ40? I have OEM 1976 brackets and wondering if these brackets are same As your 78.

The jack handle did fit my brackets without modifications of my 78’ 45.

The jack handle did fit my brackets without modifications of my 78’ 45.
Thanks. So the ‘Jack Rods’and extension fit into the brackets on you 45. After additional research, it looks like the diameter of all various Jack Rods are within range to clip into brackets. The ‘Jack Handle’ goes into the tool bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom