J90 SWB (2-door) front seat sliding rails replacement for LHD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, so I'm sure to get comments on this Peruvian custom, but here in the early 00's they would import Toyotas from Japan (right hand drive RHD) and switch them to LHD. I bought one, 1997 3-door 3RZ-FE engine, auto. As such, the seat that slides forward to easily let passengers into the back is the pilot, left front, seat.

So I would like to find and install the sliding mechanism for the right side front seat so I don't have to get out of the truck to let people in the back. If it was an option I would just swap the ones I have to the other side but it doesn't look possible. I would also like the flexibility of having both seats slide :)

My questions:

Am I wrong to observe that Toyota put risers in the floor to make the front seats ride higher than a regular car?
Thus, I only need to find a standard right front seat sliding mechanism from any LHD Toyota car of a certain year range?
Any idea on the year range of vehicles I could pull from?

-or-
If I don't have that flexibility, I guess I'm close to screwed, as there's so few SWB 1995-200 LHD Toyota trucks that don't have 4 doors or the need to access "the back"... I can only think of a J70 1984-?? Anyone know if could I pull from that? Any others?

I shudder to think what Toyota would charge me....

Thanks

Also, are there any things I should be worried about due to this steering column change?

The Toyota dealers here in Peru usually never work on these as their engine bay and under the dash are a nightmare... but they would work on mine as they said it was the cleanest they had seen. However, the steering mechanism down below is atrocious. They say they can turn to to super close to OEM for the right price.

right front seat rails- back
PXL_20220526_195931256.jpeg

right front seat rails- front
PXL_20220526_195948956.jpeg

left front seat rails- back
PXL_20220526_200058836.jpeg

left front seat rails- front
PXL_20220526_200110271.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom