J7 windshields replacement NA market (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all-

a friend broke his BJ74 windshield here in Arizona. A replacement, 56111-60220 is available (at a very high cost, list $620!). There is a non NA part, 56111-60230 which is $100 cheaper than 60220 in AU.

#1 Does this windshield fit - looks like it fits fold down frames for HZJ75 but will it for sure fit a BJ74 frame.

#2 Is there a non OEM windshield in the US or CDN available?

thanks
rick d

i can get you a factory one for $340...
i can get you an aftermarket for $260
check with PPG but you need to have a business to get a quote...
cheers

wayne-

have you fit one of these PPG windshields in a J73/4 windshield frame?

I went through my Sept 2004 parts book and it looks like 220's fit most J7X models (including fold down types), and 230's fit 73/4 and some 75's country dependant (both are same construction). Then, 240's are LX "green" then a 340 (I think), but don't care as they are not supplied.

the glass for all the fold down windshields are the same part number according to the EPC...
56111-90K07
subs up to:
56111-60230

56111-90K08 (tinted?)

no i have not tried the aftermarket. i will be when i replace the glass in the 97 HZJ75...$340 down to $190. to me it is worth a try...

I know the windshield on my BJ-73 (fold down) is not as tall as the windshield on my KZJ-70 (fixed). I believe they are the same width and curvature; however, they are different heights. This has been one of the sore points for me as I have had rock strikes on both and have worried each time these repairs have been done. I have never been sure that I'd be able to replace them if they broke, either on the road or during repair. Wayne, are you saying that both windshields can readily be had in Canada? And if so, can they easily had here in the States via a "friendly" shipper? LOL.

there is a PPG in the states, right? if so get friendly with the local bodyshop and see if you can use their name for ordering... when i checked recently there were a couple here in Calgary...
cheers

A couple of years ago, when getting a rock strike repaired at a glass shop here in Houston, I asked the shop if they could source a windshield (PPG or anyone for that matter), and after checking all their supposed sources and such, they told me they were going to be unable to help me; however, if I could get one myself, they would install it for me. LOL ! That was for the KZJ-70, and frankly, the answer had a chilling effect on my desire to take it out on the open road and possibly suffer rock damage. That could be why it only has 22,000 miles on it!

Wayne,

Can you get those PPG windshields for a BJ70?

Chris

as far as i know, i will be ordering one for my white 75 in a couple weeks and i can let you know for sure then...
cheers

How about windshield for the LJ78/71 Prados? Bet that is a rare bird in NA - I wouldnt want to bring one over from Aus!

cheers,
johnny

89BJ74

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom